HOWTO create a fully up to date XP x64 DVD (EoL Feb 2016)

Kurt_Aust

Sergo, if you open a Run dialog and type "cmd /?" (no quotes), it will tell you. For compatibility reasons /R is the same as /C. Enjoy, John.

I did, even command.com /?

no such option. (even ss64.com doesn't mention it)

Sergo, I am running XP x64, so maybe that is why I see it. Please try one more time. Open Run dialog (command prompt works also) and type "cmd /?" and hit enter. You will need to hit enter several times to get to the part about the /R. If you still don't see it, please post a screen shot of what you do get. Have fun, John.

Sergo, I am running XP x64, so maybe that is why I see it. Please try one more time. Open Run dialog (command prompt works also) and type "cmd /?" and hit enter. You will need to hit enter several times to get to the part about the /R. If you still don't see it, please post a screen shot of what you do get. Have fun, John.

Ok, you won

Note that multiple commands separated by the command separator '&&'

are accepted for string if surrounded by quotes. Also, for compatibility

reasons, /X is the same as /E:ON, /Y is the same as /E:OFF and /R is the

same as /C. Any other switches are ignored.

Updated DirectX link to March 2009 version

Added Windows PowerShell 1.0 to the default install (\RunOnce)

Added support for the following applications:

Shockwave Player plugin You need the full version

Adobe Reader Lite Liposuctioned version by Shark007 / XhmikosR

VMware Server 1.0.8 You need to edit Run1_XP-64.bat inserting your registration key

VideoLAN Player

Added more hints for using VirtualBox.

1. Silent installation of Virtual Machine extensions is supported, once VirtualBox is installed there will be a file "VBoxGuestAdditions.iso" at "\Program Files\Sun\xVM VirtualBox", copy it to \AddOns in your nLite working directory (requires 7-zip).

2. On the machine setting page you will need to enable ACPI, IO APIC and VT-x/AMD-V.

3. In order to have a usable VirtualBox when you first logon to each account you should go [start >> Control Panel >> System >> Advanced >> Performance Settings] and deselect the three options under Visual Effects that begin with "Fade ...".

4. Do not install Daemon Tools, also AutoIt scripts can be unreliable.

Added optional menu reorganization for the anally retentive (like me):

rem optional menu reorganization

rem CMD /R %Source%AddOns\MenuReorg.bat

Moves most menu items into one of 5 groups, Accessories, Applications, Drivers & Security, Media Players, Virtual Machines.

Edited by Kurt_Aust

Internet Explorer 8 is now supported, however as a result you must set it to autologon twice to an administrator class account at step 7.

This is because the website compatibility update patch KB968220 requires a reboot between IE8's installation and its own. Also in the annoying category is the fact that the admin account cannot be initialized properly after IE8 has been installed, hence the unwieldy commands at the end of Run1_XP-64.bat.

On the plus side, it is now very easy to chain application install reboot passes as noted at the end of the application install section.

To install IE8 rather than IE7:

Delete the following files from \Hotfix

020-IE7-WindowsServer2003-x64-enu.exe

180-IE7-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB938127-x64-ENU.exe

710-IE7-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB961260-x64-ENU.exe

Add the following files to \RunOnce

% IE8-WindowsServer2003-x64-ENU.exe [33,972,080]

MD5: F357A6B6B69FBD427610F1DD83A17C16

SHA-1: CD917216AFD5592BB3B433E2829754972B6F08A0

% IE8-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB968220-x64-ENU.exe [685,952]

For those who continually experiment I've attached my batch file for source preparation, of course you will have to edit the file paths.

Finally, this months patch Tuesday update is likely to be late.

XP_64_Prep.bat.txt

XP_64_No_Copy.txt

Edited by Kurt_Aust

• 2 weeks later...

Kurt,

rem Java runtime enviroment

%Source%AddOns\jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 /Passive /NoRestart

%Source%AddOns\jre-6u13-windows-x64-p.exe ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 /Passive /NoRestart

Where did you get the "jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe" file?

I only see "jre-6u13-windows-i586-p-s.exe" being offered by Sun...

Any idea what's with the added -s ?

Edited by meowing

April updates

Deletions (from \Hotfix):

140-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB935839-x64-ENU.exe

300-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB943485-x64-ENU.exe

390-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB951698-x64-ENU.exe

560-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB956841-x64-ENU.exe

710-IE7-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB961260-x64-ENU.exe

Additions (to \Hotfix):

@ 750-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB923561-x64-ENU.exe [3,745,680]

@ 760-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB961373-x64-ENU.exe [5,490,552]

# 770-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB956572-x64-ENU.exe [30,019,464]

@ 780-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB952004-x64-ENU.exe [5,366,832]

@ . . . 790-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB960803-x64-ENU.exe [1,147,256]

@ 800-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB959426-x64-ENU.exe [3,359,112]

# 810-IE7-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB963027-x64-ENU.exe [38,072,712]

If using 5eraph's update pack delete:

Hotfix\620-msxml6-KB954459-enu-amd64.exe

Meowing, I have no idea where the added -s comes from, maybe Sun thinks you're "Special" :whistle:

%Source%AddOns\Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe /S

I'd use

%Source%AddOns\sw_lic_full_installer.exe /S

instead. The Shockwave installer you mention bothers you with sh_t about toolbars and norton and stuff.

You can get the executable here

And I can also recommend:

%Source%AddOns\wmpfirefoxplugin.exe /Q /C:"msiexec /I ffplugin.msi /quiet /passive"

;-)

Edited by meowing

Thanks, meowing, for the Shock Wave DL. Where did you find this? I searched the Adobe site and could find a KB referring to it, but no DL. Their site is one of the worst for this type of thing. I will open one more nasty gram of a technical question for them. I did try the installer and it is not silent. It opens a window at the end for a Finish click. I will also complain about this. I found, via Google, several complaining about the last click. Thanks, John.

%Source%AddOns\Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe /S

I'd use

%Source%AddOns\sw_lic_full_installer.exe /S

instead. The Shockwave installer you mention bothers you with sh_t about toolbars and norton and stuff.

The Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe version doesn't install toolbars in silent mode, hence it is used. As a general rule I prefer to give links to download pages rather than direct download links (not always possible though).

The Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe version doesn't install toolbars in silent mode, hence it is used.

It isn't silent though. You need to UNcheck a box to have it NOT install a toolbar. That's why I use the Macromedia one.

The Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe version doesn't install toolbars in silent mode, hence it is used.

It isn't silent though. You need to UNcheck a box to have it NOT install a toolbar. That's why I use the Macromedia one.

Well, I've never seen a toolbar in my VM install tests.

Kurt_Aust, I tried your Shockwave link and got the page that will do an Online install. How do I get the actually installer DLed? I guess I am really dense - have been wrestling with this problem with SW and Flash for a long time. Thanks, John.