Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer Version 1.4 Final

mara-

Mara,your sofware is very good and I will slipstream Arabic Language Pack,save as pdf and xps.exe etc to the installation CD using chained installation...and attachment unblocker for outlook is merged here...thn a lot for such tool

but there `s something concerning my translations...one sentence is too long and I will write a short one...and more one thing needs to be corrected...shall i modify my translation files and re-upload them or translate the new version immediately?

chained install was not included in the file i had translated...so I will translate the new version...I downloaded the rer file and will translate it...

if you will modify the changes of the current version soon beforte I translate the new version and add it as a hotfix or in a new version immediately with the French translation that will be better....What will you do?

waiting for your reply

tnx

Edited by ashraf21c

Do nothing now, when I upload new file to the first post, that will be noted in the first post. And in future only look at the first post for changes, you don't need to ask me every time.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for translation. To get it load, you need to Save it in Unicode format. Do do that, in notepad click save as, under Encoding choose Unicode, and under Format, choose All files, and for name, type portuguese.lng.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for translation. To get it load, you need to Save it in Unicode format. Do do that, in notepad click save as, under Encoding choose Unicode, and under Format, choose All files, and for name, type portuguese.lng.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for the info. Was able now to see the result. See you

• 2 weeks later...

Can I slip SP1 or SP2 into OFFICE 2003 vs. only SP3?

What If I SLIP SP1 followed by SP2 followed by SP3 using the tool? Will it work?

This would be the ultimate test of the slip tool working since if I have

a slipped SP3 CD, there could be an SP4 in the future that I'll want to slip into

the CD that was slipped with SP3 instead of going back before SP1 to do it.

:whistle:

What If I SLIP SP1 followed by SP2 followed by SP3 using the tool? Will it work?

Yes, it would work, but there is no need for this. You can always slipstream the latest service pack without slipstreaming older. So, if you have a untouched Office 2003 CD (no slipstream done), then you can slipstream SP3 without slipstreaming Sp1 and SP2.

Cheers ;)

Here are some suggestions.

a). put the slipstream executable into a winzip file instead of rar. Thus I wouldn't

have to install another application to read it just to extract the 1 meg executable file to

use it. It makes it easier on alot of users.

b ). Put the slipstreamer on a website that isn't rapidshare since the company I work at

blocks rapidshare and megaupload access. Thus I can only get it from home. Ask the

Nlite person if he wouldn't mind hosting your software or some other website that

hosts slipstreaming software that is mentioned on this website forums.

c). Remove the restriction of only having one .lng file in the root directory at a time.

Most users of this software may not be technical enough (or remember) to have to move files around to

get the slip program to display the correct language. Thus provide a slip stream option

popdown so that I can select the language I want to use with the screens being updated

on-the-fly and if I decide to change the language again to something else I can do it

without exiting. See the NLITE slipstream software for ideas.

d ). Instead of hardcoding the English language into the screens, provide an English.lng file

with the software release so that one can use this when one translates to a different language.

Presently, I know of someone who will translate to four more languages (he is a linguist) if

the English.lng file is provided. He can't read the lng files that are written in languages he

doesn't know and thus he can't provide a new one since the English.lng file isn't provided.

e). consider moving the lng files to an xml file format. See the uninstall program (mentioned on

this site) as to how they do it. This program provides an English.xml file as a starter file so that one

can translate to another language.

f). There are problems in the "extras" area. That is for a given lng file the text is displayed in

English although other areas are in the other language. The reason probably is because you

added functionality to the program, but the lng file wasn't updated in that language since

the English.lng file wasn't provided so that one knows what was added that has to be translated

to make the displayed English appear in the correct language.

g). Remove the header text which asks to specify the location of the SP3 file. Although this

program was written for SP3, you have mentioned that it will work with SP1, SP2 or some future

SP pack. Thus change SP3 to SP so that it is more generic - meaning what ever service pack

I want to integrated.

h). The program doesn't show a version number in the gui display screen. The current field for it

is blank. Thus, if one were to send you screen shots of problems, you wouldn't know what version

it is since by looking at the gui screen it is blank, although one would have to state the version

# in the problem.

i). My Office 2003 files have the serial numbers already embedded in a file somewhere such that

when I go to install it, the license field is already filled in. I could change it to a different one

if I wanted to when the license field screen is displayed to me. In the case of your application,

you require one to enter the license number. Could you read my license number and prefill

this field in so that I don't have to type it in unless I want to change it? I presume, if I

don't enter or if I delete the license number shown to me, that no license number will be written

to the updated Office install disk such that upon (re)install of the updated office product it will

prompt me to enter the license number. This will be useful when I put the Office product on

different computers and enter a different license number for each installed office product.

j). Can I use this slip streamer to update Office 2007 with the new SP1 that just came out? If so

then update the info on your web link to say this also. If not, could you update the slipstreamer so

that I could update my Office 2007 release too?

k). Is there any problem integrating office 64 bit or is this only for 32 bit? I realize the

slip stream executable is 32-bit, but shouldrun on a 64 bit system. All one would need

is a way to integrate an office 64 bit one with the 64 bit SP and hotfixes.

So far, this is as far as I got last night with the software. I'll have to try and make it integrate

something.

This is a big list of suggestions and I may consider one of it. First, if you are not programmer, I would like to ask you not to comment that something is "hard coded" since, at least for me programing is not so easy.

a) I put this into rar because I own that software and it's easy for me, even if I put in WinZip with max compression windows can not read that. Use 7-zip, which is free to use, I'm sure that you will need it for something else except of my application.

b ) I don't want to ask anyone to host it, that only complicate things, and if you can not use rapidshare, I provided mirror.

c) This requires more coding, and this was the easiest way, when I find time I may change it.

d) English.lng is usually located in first post, but I did not updated it yet, so when I done that I'll put it in first post.

e) I don't see a reason for this, and I doubt I will move to it.

f) I know that, but I don't know will original translators want always to update it.

g) I never said that integration of earlier packs is supported. I support only the latest one. And if new pack is released, I will need to add support for this, since microsoft always change something.

h) Since you did not try to integrate anything, you don't know what this field if for. When you load your office, in this field you will see version of office.

i) Your office is probably an administrative one, so you don't need to input serial at all in my program. When you select that Office my program will ask you to copy files on hard drive and you will able to do a slipstream.

j) No, you can, and slipstream is not possible for Off 2007. I can only make it, so my program extract Service Pack to update folder of Office 2007.

k) I can not tell anything about this, I never tested since I don't have 64-bit version of Office or Windows. If you have it, test it and inform us about your results.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Well I am a programmer but not in a MSoft environment or with their tools.

I can't download from any of your mirrors due to websense at work blocking access

to any warez or download sites. It's a company thing that I don't control so I can

only get it at home. Even the images on this website are stripped out by websense

and various software proxy tools. I see a box with an X in it.

The languages that my neighbor can do who recently moved here are:

bulgarian

serbian

croatian

polish

russian

romanian and some chech and some turkish

If you want latin and all the old mideval ones that nobody speaks too, that can be done but I

don't think the ISO standard supports the ancient character sets ! :wacko:

BTW, I guess you know the NLITE guy nuhi is from your area of the world.....

Edited by mikesw

Is there any of these free hosting mirror where I can upload so you can download? I don't want to bother anyone for hosting. And, it would be nice to do all that translations. I'll update english.lng soon and I'll post it in the first post. Your neighbor can do everything except Serbian, since that is my language and I write Serbian translation. And yes, I know Nuhi, not personal, but I'm translator of vLite to Serbian so we have some contact over mails. If you have some question/(more) suggestion just say. Who knows, I may like some suggestion.

BTW, I don't use MSOFT environment for programing, I'm using AutoIt.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-