Audio Driver Problem

mahe06

hello everyone..

thanks for all the people who had made a lot of work in geting unattened install

i have windows xp pro to which i integrated the service pack 3 pre beta release..and the internet explorer7 with direct integration through n lite.

i also added few addons like sidebar, and few addons from ryanvm site while integration.

i slimed down the windows xp sp3 to a bare minimum of 370 mb, by removing unwanted files even drivers too..since i didnot integrated the drivers to the windows install. i planned to install the drivers later after installing windows, ths reduced my installation time of windows xp..

now everything works fine and my system is pretty fast..even SIDEBAR works very well..

thanks for you people who contributed their work and efforts in bringing the unattended install.

the main problem now am facing is i noticed tat my HD audio drivers refused to install.now i have no audio driver, my xp wont take or install the audio drivers

my system configuration is

p4 3ghz HT

intel 915 GAV motherboard

512 DDR 400 ram

Nvidia6600 series card

all hardware works fine but i am unable to install the audio driver:(

my audio driver is Realtek Semiconductor Corp. High Definition Audio System

its on board audio tat comes with intel 915GAV motherboard..

can anybody help me wats the problem, why its not taking up my audio drivers?

i also know that to install the High definition audio driver, it needs to install some hot fix for xp,

those hot fixes are kb888111xpsp1, kb888111xpsp2

but i think if we install the service pack 3 all the previous updates and hot fix are present..

i also try to install manually these hotfixes. it gives error tat service pack present in this system is new, no need to install this update..

if the sp3 has this update inside it why it still refuses to install ny audio drivers..

but all my other drivers works well..

is there any other way to install kb888111 over service pack 3...?? pl help me

please help me. i dont have audio in my system now:(:(

can anybody help me? :(

Edited by mahe06

finally i was able to install the kb888111 over the service pack 3 now my audio works fine...

after integratin the service pack 3 directly over the windows xp. all hardware was working fine, but the high definition audio needs to patch the bus with kb888111..wen i tried to install the kb888111 over the service pack 3, it refused to install the patch over the service pack.

here is wat i did?

the hd audio hardware was detected like pci hardware, so i have to patch the pci hardware with the kb888111 patch so wat i did is i extracted the kb888111 to a seperate folder and there by going into update driver wizard i was able to find the inf file which was inside the kb888111, so i directed the hardware to that inf file , then my windows with sp3 detected the high definition audio and finally i was able to install the drivers for it....:):)

now it works fine..