Updates going wrong - vlite 1.1 @ Vista x64 Ultimate German

foyo

Hello,

after integrate the hotfixes per vlite, drivers and so on,... install the OS per vlite CD; vista will always install the same updates because they go wrong. The updates were integrated in vlite. It's a bug?? :whistle:

YOU Right! Sorry for trouble!! :unsure:

Preset?

Download here and rename to preset.ini

If I update the OS after installation with the KB932596 - the following updates goes wrong

• KB936357
  • KB939159
  • KB938952
  • KB933360
  • KB929916
  • KB933928
  • KB905866
  • KB931099
  • KB936825
  • KB932471
  • KB935280
  • KB932596

... but if I do not install this blooming update - all will be fine :sneaky:

by the way - i installed vista64@vlite with an USB Stick - the installation is shorter than with cd. Do it right with this script, while cmd is going on.

diskpart

select disk 1 "or other number of the usb-stick - you can detect it on the basis of size"

clean

create partition primary

select partition 1

active

format fs=fat32

assign

exit

and copy the content with this instruction set: xcopy your"virtual"cddriveletter:\*.* /s/e/f yourusbdriveletter\

So vlite has in future not only a button to burn iso as well to install over usb-stick (size matters) :thumbup - remember USB Boot must be supported by the bios

Edited by foyo

KB932596 is already fixed for the next version.

Yeah I saw that USB thing, tried it and it semi-worked for me. Unattended didn't work. But it's probably my fault, there were some USB emulation options I tampered in the bios and I have USB drive, not a flash.

It is a possibility as an option in the future.

KB932596 is already fixed for the next version.

Yeah I saw that USB thing, tried it and it semi-worked for me. Unattended didn't work. But it's probably my fault, there were some USB emulation options I tampered in the bios and I have USB drive, not a flash.

It is a possibility as an option in the future.

Hi,

can you release a Bugfix-Release with solved the Problem with KB932596 please?

thx,

Cb

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot this issue with kb932596 and integrated all updates. Now I also have some updates failing to install (beside KB941649): KB905866 (V12), KB939653 and KB941202.

Is there going to be a fix for this or a new release anytime soon?

Jeronimo, is that all together or if kb932596 excluded? Because if you didn't exclude kb932596 either do it or don't remove Bitlocker. You don't have to wait for a fix to do that.

I will do a test with kb932596 excluded

Without kb932596 all goes well.

Just that I do not dare install kb941649 and also kb890830 can not be integrated yet (it also keeps appearing in Windows update when running it was run manually).