Error 0x8007007e installing SP1 BETA 1

PARTYBOY-XP

> 0x800f0826 CBS_E_PENDING_VICTIM Package failed to install because another

> pended package failed

on the 3rd reboot I get that and it fails to install sp1..my machine does'nt even take the reported 30 minutes on the 2nd reboot..so something must be causing that error on a vlited edition..

Hi, just thought id give you a list of what IS safe to remove, remember im still looking at the rest of the components...

Accessories

All accessories

Drivers

All Drivers

Games

All Games

Languages

All languages

Hardware Support

Fax Support - BlakByte

Smartcards - BlakByte

Windows Mobile Device Center - BlakByte

Multimedia

Media Center - BlakByte

Movie and DVD Maker

Sample Pictures

Screensavers

SideShow

Sound Recorder

Windows Aero Theme

Windows Calendar

Windows Media Samples

System

Help - BlakByte

Microsoft Agent - BlakByte

Parental Controls - BlakByte

Security Center - BlakByte

Sync Center - BlakByte

Windows Defender - BlakByte

Natural Language

Tablet PC

Windows SAT

Still testing the rest

Thanks for the help BlakByte! :D

The picture below is abit of proof that it worked. Right is from my results, left is BlakBytes results...

Edited by legolash2o

Ok ive ended my search! It best to integrate and NOT install manually.

I had invalid links, etc... and Blakbyte managed to install it fine on a physical computer and he also had invalid links but nothing major though.

Best to wait for next vlite release, but BlakByte thinks SP1 runs alot faster! :D

Edited by legolash2o

so I'm screwed without installing sp1 intergrated then? theres no way to fix my error?

pretty much everything you remove using vlite comes back after sp1 install but they are really buggy and some stuff dont even work... the good thing is that vista works really fast

for example you if remove sidebar with vlite, sp1 puts a shortcut back on your start menu which doesnt work, security center has problems, adds invalid entries in control panel, i think BlakByte is having problems with his nvidia control panel not saving his color settings after reboot (im not sure if that SP1 related though but he made it sound as if it was something new to him), theres quite abit more and its too much hard work... so its best to integrate it

With the security center issue you can just delete the security center files and its fixed :P

you can alwaays read this topic here to try and integrate it yourself and use vlite after it :)

Edited by legolash2o

well I have my system running pretty nice now with alot of things installled so I'd rather not have to format and install an intergrated copy ...I have the iso already though. Thats why I asked if anything could be with that error so it can install..since I don't really want to lose anything I have atm

well I have my system running pretty nice now with alot of things installled so I'd rather not have to format and install an intergrated copy ...I have the iso already though. Thats why I asked if anything could be with that error so it can install..since I don't really want to lose anything I have atm

you got a preset for the vista install with the error?

Edited by legolash2o

0x800f0826 CBS_E_PENDING_VICTIM Package failed to install because another

> pended package failed

from what I googled thats my error

it reboots 3x and on the final screen it says it fails..instead of the normal one..

my vlited vista also has all those needed files ripped out so I don't know how it kept going lol.

System Restore

Volume Shadow Copy

Windows firewall

Internet Connection Sharing

from what I get I should be on the 1st reboot for 20-30 minutes no? with it doing the config for updates..

instead it only does that for maybe 1 minute and it shutsdown/reboots

System Restore

Volume Shadow Copy

Windows firewall

Internet Connection Sharing

are the ones i managed to find.. there is another one which i havent located yet and have decided not to due to the problems it causes. The list above can be removed and sp1 will still install

yes reboots 3 times, first one should take about 10 mins, second one is the main sp1 files which takes longer, 3rd about another 10 mins but these depends on your computer spec.

Edited by legolash2o

well thats my problem then..the 1st reboot takes perhaps maybe 1-2 minutes...2nd one takes maybe the same amount of time..it just says installing sp1 service pack..maybe on screen for 30-1 minute and then it done. On the 3rd reboot it stays abit longer but the point is nothing is more than 2 minutes tops..and when it finishes it gives me that error along with it failing. Can I do anything to fix that about the packages not installing correctly? I have nothing else left to install in WU.

I even deleted the systemdistrib folder that they said it might solve it..by stopping and starting bits up again etc.

well thats my problem then..the 1st reboot takes perhaps maybe 1-2 minutes...2nd one takes maybe the same amount of time..it just says installing sp1 service pack..maybe on screen for 30-1 minute and then it done. On the 3rd reboot it stays abit longer but the point is nothing is more than 2 minutes tops..and when it finishes it gives me that error along with it failing. Can I do anything to fix that about the packages not installing correctly? I have nothing else left to install in WU.

I even deleted the systemdistrib folder that they said it might solve it..by stopping and starting bits up again etc.

a wesbite said that error code can be caused by antivirus software or stuff like that

Your problem will most probably be on the 3rd reboot

mm...well other than the 3rd reboot..and the AV I guess I'm pretty much out of luck eh? I could try to disable them and see if that helps..

it says try disabling all AntiViruses and Firewalls, i know windows firewall is safe to leave enabled

Edited by legolash2o