Error 0x8007007e installing SP1 BETA 1

PARTYBOY-XP

He got passed the original error message but keeps getting more.

I'm talking to blakbyte on msn n figuring out most of the problems, but have managed to get passed the preparing stage :) (keep looking back at where the list was for updated error messages with solutions - here.

Almost done, just doing my last test now :D

Lego

Edited by legolash2o

legolash2o, I hope that's true, that "and something else" is what delays my gratitude.

BlakByte,

Just guessing try to copy SrClient.dll from the full vista to the system32 of the SystemRestoreless one.

It's a long shot.

nuhi you're a genious, your solution works :D. Thanks!

legolash2o, don't you think saving one file would be better.

Your list is growing.

But we'll be able to integrate it or use preintegrated ISO so even if all these components really are needed we don't need to panic.

legolash2o, don't you think saving one file would be better.

Your list is growing.

But we'll be able to integrate it or use preintegrated ISO so even if all these components really are needed we don't need to panic.

Yep good words... dont panic

but it does get past the preparing stage so Error Reporting can still be removed from the list, VMWare is just installing SP1 now so hopefully will be done soon. It's just cos i dont wanna reinstall my windows as ive got everything as i want.

So if we do find the problem, i might add it to the program which fixes compatibility tab and system restore, so no one else has to reinstall :) if that made sense lol :P

If my last test doesnt install SP1 then im gonna give up on it lol, stupid 0x800F0826 error

EDIT: Windows Error Reporting is off the list

Edited by legolash2o

legolash2o, I hope that's true, that "and something else" is what delays my gratitude.

BlakByte,

Just guessing try to copy SrClient.dll from the full vista to the system32 of the SystemRestoreless one.

It's a long shot.

nuhi you're a genious, your solution works :D. Thanks!

If you had followed up abit, you would see that it doesn't.

Sorry for this stupid question but i only understand a little of english

System: System Restore

Service: Volume Shadow Copy (Needed for System Restore to work)

Networking: Windows Firewall

Service: Internet Connection Sharing (Needed for Windows Firewall to work)

If i keep these components i can install the SP1 perfectly? Only i need to keep these components? Nothing more?

theres another component which is causing it, and i really dont wanna reinstall my comp so im gonna test differntly

im gonna remove multiple components and install SP1 fully to make sure i find the *&$*£&$* (i didnt actually swear i hit random stuff). i want to find it as i dont want to reinstall everytime there is a new service pack!

however i will make a new topic with components which are 100% safe to remove! A new topic because its more than the 0x8007007e. and my list would be at the top too so easier to find it

Edited by legolash2o

legolash2o, new topic is unnecessary.

This one has the title properly set and the flow of info, it is this error which leads to all else, other errors are just progress, not the goal nor the start.

You plan on installing SP1 betas one on top of the other? That's gonna be fun.

Also you can test virtually, then there is no problem with reinstalls.

legolash2o, new topic is unnecessary.

This one has the title properly set and the flow of info, it is this error which leads to all else, other errors are just progress, not the goal nor the start.

You plan on installing SP1 betas one on top of the other? That's gonna be fun.

Also you can test virtually, then there is no problem with reinstalls.

I was planning on calling it "Components to keep to install SP1", but ill just post them in this topic.

I didnt mean beta's i meant final's i dont want to get to the point where it says it available (Windows Update) and then not being able to install it.

I am testing virtually lol

EDIT: actually cannot be bothered lol, when next vlite comes out ill just integrate it and reinstall, id prob do that anyways. At least figured 4 things which are needed.

But if anyone has successfully installed SP1 on the vlited vista please upload your preset

Edited by legolash2o

just started testing again, as ive been trying to get my program finished n released. but anyways im going to be testin fully, like remove components > fully install SP1 so i know its going to 100% work.

If you have got VMware then please feel free to help, but make sure you fully install SP1 on it so you know their safe to remove, let me know if your testing this too.

Edited by legolash2o

So far you need to keep...

System Restore

Volume Shadow Copy

Windows firewall

Internet Connection Sharing

Still Testing, im going to put a list up maybe later on today to show what is safe to remove so far

BlakByte has decided to help :D Thanks, much appreciated

Edited by legolash2o