No Signal

Tumps

got myself a new processor (AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+) and a new MB (GigaByte S-Series M55S-S3, nForce550)

So i put my new MB and Pro in and plug everything in and together and press the power button and............nothing......blank screen the pc is on the fans are going but no signal is going to my monitor

What im trying to use

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

GigaByte S-Series M55S-S3, nForce550

ATi Radeon X1300

2GB DDRII RAM

1x Sata HDD

1x Sata Optical Drive

1x IDE Optical Drive

PSU 550W

Kind of trivial retarded questions... but do you have the right kind of connection to your LCD/monitor from your vid card? Are you sure you have enough power for all your components? Have the vid card in the right slot? Do you have on board video you could try with VGA?

tried taking it out and putting it back

and there are no sounds

are there any diagnostic lights on the mobo?

nope

Kind of trivial retarded questions... but do you have the right kind of connection to your LCD/monitor from your vid card? Are you sure you have enough power for all your components? Have the vid card in the right slot? Do you have on board video you could try with VGA?

no built in adapter, only 1 slot for vid card, yes enough power, dvi connections

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ is a relatively new CPU. You may need to upgrade the BIOS on your motherboard to support it.

how do i do that if i can't see anything

Disconnect the HDDs and try with 1 stick of RAM, ...if there are 2. ???

Still nothing........ I think it's the PCI express slot on the MB............... so i am send it back for a replacement along with the processor

Just to make sure, did you plug the 4pin molex that is required for the cpu. I made this mistake once and i had a blank screen also.

a common mistake, how many times did i see that wen they first introduced that plug! lol