Problem with Browse For Folder Dialog

SAAM

Hi,

I successfully build a Winpe ISO using the Malware Removal Starter Kit & Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) from Microsoft. I've included several stand alone programs (Clamwin, SumatraPDF, Spybot S&D 1.5, PStart 2.11.0.5) on the CD and they are working correctly.

The only problem I'm having is that when a program use the "browse for folder dialog", the folder tree area is blank (pls see screenshot).

post-26325-1190716987_thumb.png

Any idea why the folder tree is not showing up?

SAAM

Thank you for you replies.

However I'm building the standard WinPe 2 from Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK). How do I use the plugin?

Would it work if I add the registry entries in the Winpe hive?

Maybe this plugin can help you in the right direction...

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...rowse&st=14

Just to save some people some time. In winpe2

"Classes\CLSID\{43A8F463-4222-11d2-B641-006097DF5BD4}\InProcServer32","","%SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll"

is ieframe.dll. The shdocvw.dll is not included by default but you could take it from a vista machine however that does not make it display the correct dialog. All the other registry keys are there. I ran a dependency check and copied all the files from a vista ultimate machine into the pe image and it still did not work. I'm sure there are other class registries missing, just for kicks I exported the entire class hive from the vista machine then used a text editor to search/replace the c: with x: then put a reg file in the pe image and tried loading it with all the new files copied for dependency check and it still didn't work. This isn't really my cup of tea so I'm not too sure where to go from here but I hope that helps someone else maybe figure it out. BTW even on the real vista machine the key above is ieframe.dll.

I tried using a shell32.dll from xp and changing around some other registry keys but I kept getting shlwapi errors so I called it quits since its really late.

Thank you all for the replies but I give up.

I 've seen that a commercial company uses the "browse for folder dialog" in one of its stand alone software but has change it to the "browse for files dialog" for the same aplication when using it in winpe. I was doing it for fun.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Is there any solution to this problem yet?

It's a huge problem. These tools are also affected and are rendered completely useless under WinPE 2.0:

- Symantec Ghost Explorer (you cannot extract anything from an image, the "browse for folder" dialog is blank)

- SalaSource PasswordRenew (you cannot change passwords, the "browse for folder" dialog is blank)

This is a very very serious issue. Any workarounds??

Thanks a million,

Best regards.

• 3 months later...