6001.16659.070916-1443_x86fre_Client_en-us-FB1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso 2,943.68 MB

6001.16659.070916-1443_amd64fre_Client_en-us-FB1CXFRE_EN_DVD.iso 3,787.71 MB

EXE Files:

Wave1_Windows6.0-KB936330-X64.exe 1,778.91 MB

Wave1_Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe 1,308.64 MB

Anyone tried it or vLited it? :rolleyes:

Please share your experience concerning Performance, Stability, Reliability etc

Thx :thumbup

Connect (only available for selected group members)

x86 with one of the 5 available languages: 687MB

x64 with one of the 5 available languages: 1117MB

x86 with all 5 languages: 1308MB

x64 with all 5 languages: 1778MB

Within 2 days available through Windows Update for the members.

Source: Tweakers.net (Dutch)

Edited by Inferi0r

i tested the vista sp1 beta with vlite and its working so far its might be FASTER like server

Actually, it is as fast as server, now it's the same build 6001 codebase. The RTM shared the codebase with Server 2008 Beta 3.

HP was kind enough to provide me a OEM disc to test, on which I've tested several vLite scenarios, all working well. My recomandations are to use SP1 Beta together with vLite 1.1, the 6001 AIK, VMware Workstation 6.0.1 (build 50000+) and Microsoft Deployment 4.

In order to test the improvements, I have made the following scenario:

1) Made an unattended install from my HP disc using vLite without removing anything, for Ultimate Edition.

2) Installed it in VMware

3) Installed IIS7 with ASP.NET using Programs and Features

4) Activated it

5) Sysprepped

6) Used WinPE 2.0 to boot and capture C: to a WIM over the network

7) Removed the CLG and replaced the vLited WIM with the one I've captured

8) Ran vLite to remove stuff I didn't want

9) Installed the WIM through WDS

The nice part comes here: you can use at this point vLite to remove unwanted functionality WITHOUT making IIS7 unusable.

th_39143_001_-_Installed_Result_122_862lo.jpg

I am sure that by diffing the new WIM against the original one I can identify the missing files that prevent the new vLite disc to install.

Think i found it now :) How do you slipstream it?

I've extracted the .exe and got the.cab files but vlite never seems to integrate it, also fails to integrate 2 other cabs. After vlite stills says its 6.0.6000.16386.

Do i need a clean source as mine has languages n Windows Indexing removed and 61 updates added?

Edited by legolash2o

EDIT: I've extracted the .exe and got the.cab files but vlite never seems to integrate it.

I don't know what you downloaded but the version I got from connect was a full slipstreamed iso of vista with sp1, not just sp1 for vista. I was also able to remove things with vlite just fine.

Current vLite can't integrate SP1, next one will (it's not just drop it in the hotfix page).

It will work fine with the already integrated SP1.

Version will not be correctly detected, fixed that too.

If you integrate SP1 on your own then keep Windows Firewall or the setup will fail. Don't know yet about this post-install manual install, maybe it's the Firewall again, maybe more...anyway I'll be checking that.

Let me know if you find more issues with the SP1 beta, Phil is listening.

I don't know what you downloaded but the version I got from connect was a full slipstreamed iso of vista with sp1, not just sp1 for vista. I was also able to remove things with vlite just fine.

Its Vista SP1 16659 on its own for manual install or integration.

If you integrate SP1 on your own then keep Windows Firewall or the setup will fail. Don't know yet about this post-install manual install, maybe it's the Firewall again, maybe more...anyway I'll be checking that.

Let me know if you find more issues with the SP1 beta, Phil is listening.

When you say the post-install manual install do you mean the '0x8007007e' error? I always keep Windows Firewall and it still giving me the error, so has to be something else.

P.S. Who is Phil? lol

Edited by legolash2o

When you say the post-install manual install do you mean the '0x8007007e' error? I always keep Windows Firewall and it still giving me the error, so has to be something else.

P.S. Who is Phil? lol

There was some thread about the error when you run sp1 exe on the already installed Windows. The cause is still unknown to me but haven't got to it yet so don't dispare ;)

Ok so it's not the Firewall for that, k.

Dr. Phil...man Google it :)