TCP/IP connection Limit patch for x64

eyeball

Hi all,

does anyone have a proper tcpip.sys file that is patched for XP X64 edition, iv tried a few but they are not working, my download speeds still suck lol.

thank you

EDIT: either that, or does anyone know if the values in the file that you need to change are the same as with the X86 version?

Edited by eyeball

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Phil,

boot into safe mode and go to c:\windows\system32\drivers and rename your old tcpip.sys to .old and drop the downloaded one in there.

I have been using this modified one a while now and its fine :)

thanks again to the original uploader

P.s love the sig, im a big big fan of all Graham Linehams stuff he is a genius.

Edited by eyeball

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've created 2 versions of the patch on Windows XP x64 for tcpip.sys version 5.2.3790.4179.

It works perfect for me, and it should work for you too.

Download the files from the following links:

1. 16777215 Half-Open connections. http://w13.easy-share.com/1698966871.html

2. 1000 Half-Open connections. http://w13.easy-share.com/1698968191.html

1. Extract the file to a temp folder with WinRAR.

2. Rename the extracted file to tcpip.sys

3. Boot into Safe mode

4. Rename file C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\TCPIP.SYS to whatever name that you what.

5. Copy the patched tcpip.sys to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ folder.

6. Reboot.

7. Bingo. You get it.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for patching the latest tcp.sys, I was too lazy to run a hex and do it on my own. I do have a question regarding the connection limits. Do I also have to create a reg hack under tcpip parameters and create a new MaxTcpConnections D Word value?

• 1 month later...

Here are instructions so you can patch it for yourself with the limit you want:

Hex (Offset) Mod Original
00000148 1B 26
00000149 7E 7D
000B85CC FF 0A
000B85CD FF 00
000B85CE FF 00

The first two (148 & 149) are the checksum of the file, the others are the limit (hexadecimal).

Above example uses a 65k limit. If you want to use a smaller limit, you need to calculate the correct checksum again (e.g. with pechksum).

Edit & replace it in Safe Mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No it can not at any rate. Xp SP1 or was it pre-sp1 ? lol. anyway the limit WAS 65536 connections. That is alot more then just 10 puny connections agree? I use 65536 connections, patched in Nlite 1.4.5.5 and works perfect and has done so since nlite started with it.

Very safe to patch, i have no problems with it whatsoever. Have used xp x64bit since it came out, its complete cool to patch tcp ip.

And in my god honest opinion it really helps when you want to surf and do things on internet while also downloading many things, especcialy torrents.

Downloading Linux torrents is kick a** fun with patched tcp ip, not so fun without =(

Most wanted patch for vista atm in vlite.

• 3 months later...

Nice one, tho i seem to vaguely recall that one could patch the driver via command line with a single command, i think nlite does that somehow.

However that half open program, seems to be able to create updated security catalog files for patched file. Which i dont know if nlite does, tho one would not need it anyway, the security cat file i mean.

Edited by TranceEnergy

Nice one, tho i seem to vaguely recall that one could patch the driver via command line with a single command, i think nlite does that somehow.

However that half open program, seems to be able to create updated security catalog files for patched file. Which i dont know if nlite does, tho one would not need it anyway, the security cat file i mean.

That makes the file look legal to MS and it doesn't update it every time you go to Windows Update.