Problems with spanish language pack!

re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Hi there i am new here in this wonderful forum,

I thanks Nuhi for having so great software for us the end users,

now to my problem, i am using vlite 1.1 beta and i am trying to inject the msui language pack to my retail disc that dont have any language pack or hotfix.....

firts the hotfixes integration works wonderful without a glich....

but for some reason using the vista ultimate image clean of any hotfix , when installing at the very end of the installation it came up with an installation statating that the language pack could'nt be installed, and that any changes that had occurs wont be saved error.......

either with the clean disc or with some hotfixes it gaves me the same installation error of the language pack.....

I converted the Lp spanish pack from exe, to cab with exe2cab....

can anyone willing to help direct me as how to integrate this langua pack please, i will really apreciate.....

Is that EXE2Cab thing safe?

Can you try just running that exe and the lp.cab should appear in the same folder after preparation, that is more safe IMO. Then after you copy it you can abort the exe and integrate the cab.

If that fails too then attach your preset.

Don't know for the Exe2Cab thingy but I have the same issue.

I have Vista english and I slipstream the espanish language pack, with the Lp.exe double clic, and the got the cab there.

Now when I install I get the following message:

langom8.jpg

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is that with my english Vista source, slisptream the spanish language pack, and be able to install Vista Basic in spanish since I dont have an spanish source.

PS: How did I got the screenshot? Well I used MS Virtual PC 2007 on a Vista Ultimate PC with Vlite 1.1 beta.

Any other info required just le me know.

Ok then I'll download the Spanish lang file and try.

This is my post on another forum that i like to visit

i fixed it with your cmd script.....

Ok well after many tries i succesfuly inserted spanish language inmy vista ultimate dvd..... this what you need:

1.- Windows AIK link ------ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

2.- get the language pack, you get an exe, so to convert it to cab grab

exe2cab, run it an follow direction, really easy....

2.- run this cmd command . run it without making the

extructure, it tell you what folder to create and name....

you will need to create the structure as in the examples (dont worry it

it won't do anything untill you put the extructure and the files...

Open Notepad copy and paste this script...... when saving name as you wish but make sure to save as younameit.cmd not younameit.txt...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Echo Off

Echo Enter path to Windows AIK:

Echo Example: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK

Set /p WAIK=

Echo.

Echo Enter path for mounting WIM file:

Echo Example: C:\VistaWork\Mount

Set /p WIM=

Echo.

Echo Enter path to directory with Vista DVD copied:

Echo Example: C:\VistaWork\DVD

Set /p WD=

Echo.

Echo Enter path to language pack:

Echo Example: C:\VistaWork\LP\lp.cab

Set /p LP=

Echo.

Echo Enter path for extracting the language pack:

Echo Example: C:\VistaWork\LPEXT

Set /p ELP=

Echo.

Echo Enter language pack ID:

Echo Example: en-US

Set /p LANG=

Echo.

Echo Select the Vista edition:

Echo Example: 1

Echo 1 - BUSINESS

Echo 2 - HOMEBASIC

Echo 3 - HOMEPREMIUM

Echo 4 - ULTIMATE

Echo 5 - BUSINESSN

Echo 6 - HOMEBASICN

Echo 7 - STARTER

Set /p EDITION=

Echo.

"%WAIK%\Tools\x86\Imagex.exe" /mountrw "%WD%\Sources\install.wim" %EDITION% "%WIM%"

"%WAIK%\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe" /list "%WIM%\Windows"

"%WAIK%\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe" /import="%LP%" "%WIM%\windows"

"%WAIK%\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe" /install=*LanguagePack* "%WIM%\windows"

"%WAIK%\Tools\x86\intlcfg.exe" -genlangini -dist:"%WD%" -image:"%WIM%" -f

"%WAIK%\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe" /lang=%LANG% "%WIM%\Windows"

"%WAIK%\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe" /timezone=%LANG% "%WIM%\Windows"

"%WAIK%\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe" /list "%WIM%\Windows"

"%WAIK%\Tools\x86\Imagex.exe" /unmount /commit "%WIM%"

Rd /S /Q "%ELP%"

Mkdir "%ELP%"

Expand "%LP%" -f:* "%ELP%"

Xcopy "%ELP%\setup\sources\%LANG%\*" "%WD%\sources\%LANG%" /cherkyi

Xcopy "%ELP%\sources\license\%LANG%\*" "%WD%\sources\license\%LANG%" /cherkyi

"%WAIK%\Tools\x86\Imagex.exe" /mountrw "%WD%\Sources\boot.wim" 2 "%WIM%"

Xcopy "%ELP%\setup\sources\%LANG%\*" "%WIM%\sources\%LANG%" /cherkyi

Xcopy "%ELP%\sources\license\%LANG%\*" "%WIM%\sources\license\%LANG%" /cherkyi

Copy "%WD%\sources\Lang.ini" "%WIM%\sources\Lang.ini"

"%WAIK%\Tools\x86\Imagex.exe" /unmount /commit "%WIM%"

Rd /S /Q "%ELP%"

Mkdir "%ELP%"

echo End of language pack integration.

pause

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS TO MHYLL creator of Vlite.... on MSFN forums

3.- with all files and the windows aik installed run the .cmd script from anywhere you want and type in the same address as in the examples...

if you do all correct the installation will begin and it will install the language pack.... remember to get the propper ID for your language otherwise will give an ID language error...

hope this help..

BTW this method while difficult some how worked for me when Vlite 1.1 beta failed to do it....... it indeed insert it but when installing gave me, laguage pack could'nt be installed, nothing will be saved, installation failed error....

lates..

vLite language pack integration works just fine, now why your failed I still don't know, downloaded the pack and will try it when the time comes.

Did you remove the same stuff both times even after doing manual integration? (or you don't remove anything ever?)

That last sentence is confusing, are you telling me to thank to him or you think that he is the creator?

vLite language pack integration works just fine, now why your failed I still don't know, downloaded the pack and will try it when the time comes.

Did you remove the same stuff both times even after doing manual integration? (or you don't remove anything ever?)

That last sentence is confusing, are you telling me to thank to him or you think that he is the creator?

With all the respect to you, i dont know if the error is becouse of an user error (ME) or becouse the program itself failed.

What i know is that with fresh copy of my retail vista disc, the integration was sucessful but when installing gave me the error......

Now with the same cab that failed to work on my previous attents worked fine when used Windows AIK....

Also i thanked mhyll becouse he posted the script.

http://www.msfn.org/board/integrate_langua...dvd_t99648.html

regards

• 2 weeks later...
I have integrated the Spanish Language pack into the English Vista and removed all components, no issues.

I will need your specific preset in order to replicate the issue.

Cant tell you for sure, i just graved my Retail disc, no hotfix, no taking out anything, just slistreamed the language pack, and then made the iso, i tried two different ways, one with all the images in, and the other with just ultimate image, boot my system with the new made vista ultimate and gave me the same error that shown the pictures by the other guy, so i dont really know what could be the problem..

regard MR Nuhi

PS i made a vlited disc, just with autoinstall anwser file, and used WIAK to install the language pack and all is good now......

Edited by re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Alright, basically what I did is that I got the 250mb Lip. then clikc on it and copy and paste the .cab to another location, that way I will get the cab from the Lip.exe

then, I dont remove anything, just add the hotfixes that have come out lately also the ultimate extras and when installing in spanish, I go the error.

do you need more details?

Well it's now Lang pack, hotfixes and extras...that brings into question could it be MS mistake, because if you didn't remove anything vLite cannot be the guilty one.

If you are using virtual machines please try just the lang pack, it should work because it did on my tests.

One thing which may be worth mentioning, I see from your lang pack size that you use 64bit, mine was 32bit, so if your test of full windows with just lang pack integrated fails I will download and try the 64bit pack.

Well it's now Lang pack, hotfixes and extras...that brings into question could it be MS mistake, because if you didn't remove anything vLite cannot be the guilty one.

If you are using virtual machines please try just the lang pack, it should work because it did on my tests.

One thing which may be worth mentioning, I see from your lang pack size that you use 64bit, mine was 32bit, so if your test of full windows with just lang pack integrated fails I will download and try the 64bit pack.

Well my disc is x86 vista disc, and the error came up like that, also as i stated i made a plain x 86 vista disc with all the image in, and another with just the ultimate image, also i installed vmware and tried both image with the same problem, and then burned to dvd both image and tried to install each one getting the same error......

now deleted the vista dic folder and the extracted from my retail disc all the files, installed Wiak and the used the script for installation after that burned to dvd disc and it installed fines.....

and then another new extracted image of my retail disc, in this case i just made an autounatended awnser file with vlite then leave all windows images in and the used Wiak with the same spanish language pack used the Script for integration of the language pack , tried in vmware and fisicaly too and worked fine......

So my guess is that vlite dint like my language cab, my vista disc or something else.....

Thanks Mui for taking the time with this problem....