Error message after installation

Guest abesimpson

Guest abesimpson

I have made a very simple nlite installation consisting of:

1. WinXP serial no
  2. Country and time zone localization
  3. Slipdisked with SP2 service pack and Xables Light Post XP-SP2 Update Pack
  4. Minor "features" removed (keyboards, and languages)

After an uneventful installation the nlited Win XP installation offers repeqted warning messages to the effect that some files were not as expected and system stability may be affected. Telling the machine to ignore this problem made the message go away, but the warnings are persistent as it reoccur.

I have not seen this as a problem mentioned on the forum. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all.

:hello:

a

Hi There. Here is what I did using 1.4 version. I removed the langauge folder about 99 megs and used Ryans update Pack. Didnt go overboard removing to many things when tweaking. It burned CD fine. I didnt worry about adding serial number and skipped time zone etc as going to put in another computer. I already had Cd with SP2 added so didnt need to add that, So unsure why you had install problem. The only problem I noted was when installing to computer at the 13 minute interval there was a couple of flickers on screen Black streaks but it installed in about 15-20 minutes. When installed it said I was using a incompatable update pack. But I ignored that. Only other thing it said was USB wasnt 2.0 but as far as I could tell USB 2 is working fine as detects usb ports etc. I assume at this stage everything else is working ok. Tried to add add driver for A Bit motherboard for USB 2 and said I needed to install SP1. Yet CD is updated to SP2. Maybe the Xables Light post is creating a problem. ? Would be curious if you tried the Ryans update pack instead and see what results you had.

Guest abesimpson

Sorry that I was unclear.

The installation went perfectly. When XP started up I got the error messages that would periodically pop up. What confuses me is that my relatively minor modifications cause the error messages (that won't go away).

k

• 4 weeks later...

A long time ago somebody on these forums - I don't remember who or else I would give them credit - wrote this little reg tweak that stops the SFC popup warnings.

Just copy the below file which that guy wrote, save it in MS Notepad with a .reg ending, and run it once. It should permanently stop the pop up warnings. It wortks for me.

alright do this... make a registry file with this in it. This will disable those popups but leave file protection eneabled (so you cannot delete important system files)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Prevents Windows File Protection from Reporting Errors at Startup After Multiple Unattended Hotfix Installs (WFP is still enabled only warning prompts are disabled)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"SFCDisable"=dword:00000004

END QUOTE