PC Clusters

GTO

I have a HP intel notebook with vista and a desktop with xp. I was wondering if anyone could give me more info about clustering these two machines and wether or not it would improve the gaming performance. I cant find two many articles on the web. Please point me in the right direction.

thanx

Grant :)

I have a HP intel notebook with vista and a desktop with xp. I was wondering if anyone could give me more info about clustering these two machines and wether or not it would improve the gaming performance. I cant find two many articles on the web. Please point me in the right direction.

thanx

Grant :)

Clustering computers with current game development wouldn't help you. The latency involved with clustered computing isn't condusive to gaming. Clustering is good if you have a task that lends itself to a distributed effort. Examples might be anything with heavy computational load. Finding Prime Numbers, Hacking encryption keys, calculating the effects of a nuclear blast at the atomic level, Aggregating terrabytes of data, Serving a search index for a search engine. These are all things where a cluster is good.