Latest Outlook 2003 junk mail filter wont slipstream into O2K3 SP3?

fragbert

Just made a fresh admin install point for Office 2003 and slipstreamed Service Pack 3. No problems, installs perfectly with my MST.

BUT

The only update post SP3, the latest 09/07 edition of the Outlook junk mail filter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936677/ will not slipstream into my source. MSIEXEC gives an error when trying to slipstream the MSP.

Anybody else have this problem or just me?

Using standard command line that I've used with zero problems integrating sp2 hotfixes in the past: msiexec /p [hotfix].msp /a [admin install source directory]\pro11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Edited by fragbert

Same problem here (Office 2003 Pro ITA)! KB936677 doesn't slipstream! :angry:

I read that you could slipstream SP3 and install Office 2003 SP3 without any problem with your MST. I'm trying also to do it, but I'm not able: can you explain me how to do it? Thanks!

Same problem here (Office 2003 Pro ITA)! KB936677 doesn't slipstream! :angry:

I read that you could slipstream SP3 and install Office 2003 SP3 without any problem with your MST. I'm trying also to do it, but I'm not able: can you explain me how to do it? Thanks!

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/48/

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/50/

Thanks fragbert! ;)

Somebody found how to slipstream KB936677? Or fragbert and me are the only two with this problem? :blink:

And here's another issue - when running this hotfix to install from RunOnceEx, it does not register somehow and both Microsoft Update and Office Update will state that it needs to be downloaded.

:wacko:

Looks like it's a bug in the September MSP.

If you go back to KB936643 from August, it will slipstream into SP3 fine. You can then add the MSP from September to your slipstream and edit the setup.ini file (located under files\setup below your slipstream base directory) so that it will automatically apply the September update at the end of setup. Here is an example of what you would add to setup.ini:

[ChainedInstall_1]
TASKTYPE=exe
PATH=c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe
CmdLine=/p c:\o2k3sp3\outlfltr.msp /qb

Of course you will need to adjust the paths in this example. Also, if you already have a ChainedInstall_1 section, change the suffix number to the next available.

Hopefully Microsoft will fix the bug in the October update. Until then, the only alternative to the chained install workaround would require manually replacing the outlfltr.dat and outlfltr.dll files (under files\pfiles\msoffice\office11) and then editing the msi file using something like Orca to update the Version and FileSize columns on those two files in the Files table.

Microsoft has released a new KB936677, now you can slipstream it without problems! :)

Yes, it works great but notice that it was signed on Sep 11, which means Microsoft knew about the problem for over 3 weeks and is just now making the fixed download available. Also, they are "quietly" re-releasing it (without v2 in the filename or any indication on the download page). Would it kill them to make an effort?