What is OPK tools

Schumichristina

OPK is for Office. With Office 2007 Microsoft sells the License and the Installation as a seperate Item. The OPK kit is the media with tools to create media. The OPK kit includes media for all of the OEM Office packages, but it includes no Licensing.

• 1 year later...
OPK is for Office. With Office 2007 Microsoft sells the License and the Installation as a seperate Item. The OPK kit is the media with tools to create media. The OPK kit includes media for all of the OEM Office packages, but it includes no Licensing.

OPK Tools is the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) Tools package. It is for Windows OS installations, XP and Server 2003 in specific. Vista's version of the OPK is called the "Microsoft Windows AIK". If the OPK Tools can be used for any kind of Office installations, I haven't seen it. OPK Tools can be used indirectly to start installation scripts after it installs Windows, but that's a bit different. It can also install anything else you want installed during initial OS build on a new machine, such as Adobe Reader.

I know this post is very late in coming, but I wanted to clarify.

( edit: There is an Office OPK Tools as well, seperate from the Windows OPK Tools, which I didn't know about. Just found it! )

Edited by havredave