Can't install USB hub

JimmyW

I'm running XP 64 SP2 on a Tyan 2895 board. I can't install a USB 2.0 hub to any on-board USB 2.0 port. XP finds new hardware and the wizard opens, but going through the install drivers routine finds no drivers and the hub will not install. Normally, a hub should simply be recognized and installed automatically. I've tried a couple of different hubs with the same results. All other USB devices work okay.

• 1 year later...

Extract the usb.in_ from your XP CD AMD64 directory so that it becomes usb.inf. Then, when installing the device choose this file as the driver file, and force install it even Windows complain about wrong driver. It will works. I just figure it out after one year of your question :P

• 2 weeks later...
Extract the usb.in_ from your XP CD AMD64 directory so that it becomes usb.inf. Then, when installing the device choose this file as the driver file, and force install it even Windows complain about wrong driver. It will works. I just figure it out after one year of your question :P

Hi cibermiffy,

I tried your solution, however it did not work. I have a Dell Precision system.

I tried to plug the hubs on both monitors, and none was recognized from the system, and I have no idea where to take a driver for that.

I also plugged another hub (Compaq) and I got the same results. It is looking for a driver and does not find it.

Could you please help me with that?

Thank you,

Bogdan