Office 2003 Slipstream with SP3 problem

sam1984

i integrate with the following batch file

FRONTPAGE 2003

@echo off

@ECHO OWC 10 is slipstreaming ....

pause

msiexec /p E:\Office2003SP3\OWC102003sp3.msp /a E:\SOURCES\FRONTPAGE2003\OWC10.msi /qb

@ECHO OWC 11 is slipstreaming ....

pause

msiexec /p E:\Office2003SP3\OWC11sp3.msp /a E:\SOURCES\FRONTPAGE2003\OWC11.msi /qb

@echo Frontpage 2003 is slipstreaming

pause

msiexec /p E:\Office2003SP3\MAINSP3.msp /a E:\SOURCES\FRONTPAGE2003\FP11.msi PIDKEY=1234567890123456789012345 /qb

OFFICE 2003

@echo off

@ECHO OWC 10 is slipstreaming ....

pause

msiexec /p E:\Office2003SP3\OWC102003sp3.msp /a E:\SOURCES\OFFICE2003\OWC10.msi /qb

@ECHO OWC 11 is slipstreaming ....

pause

msiexec /p E:\Office2003SP3\OWC11sp3.msp /a E:\SOURCES\OFFICE2003\OWC11.msi /qb

@echo Frontpage 2003 is slipstreaming

pause

msiexec /p E:\Office2003SP3\MAINSP3.msp /a E:\SOURCES\OFFICE2003\PRO11N.msi PIDKEY=1234567890123456789012345 /qb

edit:

i see that i had dotnet installed

edit: hmmm, i also dont have infopath in it (pro11n.msi) :S

Edited by easy

i integrate with the following batch file

But with this batch file you don't modify the PRO11.msi file with zorro1's modifications!

I'm trying to modify automatically the PRO11.msi file deleting the 3 lines founded by zorro1....

Hello everybody.

About this problem, I had the same problem as the other people here, but I was wondering why it was looking for the English version of this file and not the version of my country, as this should logically be.

Since most of the people here had problems with foreign versions, I thought that it was because the program was trying to "patch" the English version only and not the correct version from the user's country.

I saw later that even English users have the same problem ...

So I looked on the Internet the location of the file : Windows/System32

http://www.processlist.com/info/fm20enu.html

Then I looked for this file on my PC and as I suspected, I found only the version of my country.

My guess was that the solution would be to indicate the "correct" file with orca.exe (that I don't have yet) or more easily to copy the file from the CD to its location on the disk.

I did this and BINGO ! The installation finished flawlessly ! Just as it was supposed to and this time (it does not ask for the serial like for the other solution in this thread).

I could check that the instllaed version is SP3 by looking in the help of MS Word.

Now I just wonder if only the English version of the file is "patched" or if the version of my country is patched as well ... If not, I just hope that everything will still work correctly with this version.

I hope this will help.

i have the same problem as everyone else here, can install from HD but not from CD. last night i was testing the XP SP3 beta and prepared my usual unattended setup CD including the O2k3Sp3 and to my surprise it installed fine and worked without a problem. maybe someone here can try it and see if it works for them as well.

So, the only possibilities are to modify the PRO11.msi file with Orca or to copy the FM20ENU.DLL file in the system32 folder before installing Office? :unsure:

I hoped in something better.... :whistle: I made a lot of tests but I didn't find any final solution....

In a Dutch forum, an user Jp2x, came with the working option. Just leave the name of the CD blank and it will install without any problems. No MSI patches are needed. I have tried it and it works :thumbup .

LOL! :D It works also for me!

I tried a blank CD name and it worked. I also found that if you use a CD name without any spaces in it, it works. I used OFF2003SP3 for the CD name and it worked. A longer name may cause problems, but I did not test it.

I never was able to make SP2 work with KB920103 (InfoPath) slipstreamed. I went back and tried that with a CD name without spaces, and it worked.

... or more easily to copy the file from the CD to its location on the disk...
ok I did this and now it still wants the cd to copy the SemiTrust dll.. (exactly the same error as the threadstarter)

OUCH ! Sorry about that, I only saw the problem with the FMU DLL file ...

I didn't have the problem with the SemiTrust DLL, so I don't know really what may be the cause of your problem.

Anyway, it seems that there someone found a far better solution to our problems than mine. :whistle::thumbup

I slipstreamed SP3 into Office 2003 with SP1 and I made the ISO with CDImage GUI using these switches:

-l -yd -n -h -x -o -m -d

with label CD_ROM

With label Office2003 I have that error from the first post.

Hi,

Tried all of these and still getting the same issue after burning the cd. My cd keeps asking for the office cd to copy Micorsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.Semitrust.dll.

Can anyone else help with this?

I read through this quickly, so I'm sorry if someone already mentioned it...

When creating the administrative installation used for the SP3 slipstream process, make sure to use the MSINODISABLEMEDIA=1 switch.

Setup.exe /a MSINODISABLEMEDIA=1

This command allows the adminstrative installation to be installed from removable media, such as a CD.