Non-RAID SATA driver Slipstreaming + nLite

jimc52

Hello everyone. I have built an AMD 6000 X2 proc based computer with an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe m/b, 2 gigs DDR2 RAM and one single (and only)

500 Gig WD SATA2 drive, which I have connected to SATA1 on the m/b.

I have a single full version of Windows XP Home OEM Ver 2002, so I realize I need to do a slipstreamed disk to update to SP2 + a bunch of other

things. I discovered nLite on the net and have read about 100 different how-to articles on slipstreaming and nLite. However, every last one of

these articles deals with a RAID configuration of one type or another. When it comes down to the explanation in all these articles of including

drivers in nLite, it always has to do with a RAID configuration.

Well...as you can see, I have but one SATA2 hard disk and that means, no RAID config...nor do I want to RAID configure. This leaves me with

wondering what I should do when I get to the DRIVER section of nLite during my slipstreaming. I know the SATA2 drivers are on the m/b disk to

make a floppy for a typical F6 install of the SATA2 drivers. However, I want to slipstream, but not sure what I should do in nLite if I do NOT want

to RAID. Should I make the floppy and then point nLite to the floppy to copy the drivers to the HD? Does a RAID or non-RAID driver config

make any difference (do the same drivers that do RAID configs also recognize just one non-RAID config hd)?

What would you recommend? I am referring specifically to the nLite section where I would add the SATA2 drivers. BTW this is an nVidia 570 SLI

SATA2 m/b.

Thanking anyone here kindly - in advance :blink:

I would think the answer is simple, if you don't want to install RAID control, don't bother with integrating it. Your motherboard CD will more than likely have native XP SATA drivers, if it doesn't chances are you don't need them. My answer would be simply don't worry about integrating SATA drivers. - Unless of course XP Home doesn't natively support SATA controllers.....