Files missing during install after nLite?

Justas

Is it common for there to be files missing from the Windows setup? And, if so, is there a way to make the unattended install skip the warnings?

I cut it down by about 120MB, not sure it that is a lot or not, but I didn't remove anything in red. I am new to using nLite, so I am not sure if it completely removes the files, or if it modifies setup to ignore files. So I don't know if this behavior is normal. And if it is, can you get around hitting ESC for all the files that pop up missing?

Update: After trying twice to complete install with those files missing, it finally finished, however it BSOD every time it went into Windows lol... However I re-did it with the same add ons, but about 20MB less removed (so a lot less components removed)...

Edited by Justas

I haven't been using nLite long, but I don't think you should be getting errors about missing files. Can you maybe post a list of the missing files it was complaining about? You could try gradually removing things to narrow down which components are causing the errors. Remove the obvious stuff first and do an install, then go back and start removing the more questionable components and see when you start getting errors. Yeah, doing it this way would be time consuming for sure, but like I said, you shouldn't be getting errors about missing files. Maybe it's not the removal causing the problems, maybe it's an addon/plugin/driver/etc. that has missing files. It could be a number of different things. Can you tell us more exactly what you're removing/adding to your installation CD?

If you're referring to the TXT mode portion of the setup, I'd say it's a driver that you've added. Other than the numerous amount of missing files by drivers (these i believe are caused by non-DOS compatible names such as "nvidia dos.txt") I have only ever had one other problem with TXT mode saying the HID file was missing (same under fully installed XP GUI), this is fixed by using the "Merge" option in the nLite-ing fase.

Well it seems to be the components I removed. When I re did it with alot less removed, it went through ok. I guess that some things not in red have issues when being removed. I jsut assumed that nLite would modifiy the program, but I guess it removes them completely