Diskpart help after imaging

MichaelG

Not only have I not used it I haven't heard of it and can't find anything about it. Have a link to the product info page for the manufacturer somewhere?

Back to your first question though: is winimgit a sector or file based imaging utility? Can you create the partition ahead of time and the image into an existing partition? Or does it only restore the image as it existed on the original machine, so if it came off of a 10gb drive when it goes down on a 40gb drive it only uses 10gb and you have to extend it?

You might be able to use WMI to query the drive geometry and then use that information to extend the partition.

winimgit is a sector and file based imaging utility. the image comes from manufacture that is not very cooperative in helping me LOL

www.briwave.com is the company who makes the software but i can read chinese LOL

does it only restore the image as it existed on the original machine, so if it came off of a 10gb drive when it goes down on a 40gb drive it only uses 10gb and you have to extend it? yes i have to extend it from a 10gb to a 40gb. i am trying to a faster and simpler way of doing this. i have created a diskpart simple script like

select volume 1

extend

but volume 1 is sometimes not always constant this where i need the help most

Edited by MichaelG