Code-5 Error Issue

kaluota

Hi Fellows

I need someone to please help me solve this problem that is trying to strangle me to death. I have a PIII Desktop which OS got corrupt.

I confirmed the the PC's CD-Rom Drive and the WinXP OS CD I tried using to correct the corrupt OS were all in perfect shape as I was able to successfully set another PC UP with them.

The issue with this particular PIII PC is that every time I try to access the CD it gives me Code-5 error instead of prompting me to hit enter key in order to boot from CD. I have tried this severally and still gets the same result.

Some time in the past when I had such problem with the same PC I succeeded in solving the problem by removing its CMOS Battery as well as CMOS Jumper and fixing them back but this has refused to work again. Do I need to re-set the board or do a different thing? If yes please tell me how.

Please help me by providing me with a parmanent solution to this problem so that I would not have to be confronted by this problem again and even if such problem reoccurs it would not cause me sleepless night.

I pray someone in the house helps me out of this mess I have found myself in.

Thanks in anticipation. :(

Kalu (member)