WUD w/ NTLM proxy

Quitch

Il you help me understand how the proxy works, I'll gladly implement it for you.

My organisation currently using Squid 2.6 STABLE 16. Squid 2.6 has two modules which ship with it, mswin_check_lm_group and mswin_ntlm_auth. The former is used to confirm the received user is in a specified group, be it domain or local, while the later allows for authentication using NTLM/NTLMv2. When a user attempts to connect to a page the credentials of the logged on account are requested by Squid and then authenticated using NTLM via the modules listed above, checking both password and group membership.

From what I can see, WUD doesn't have any support for NTLM, so Squid rejects the connection as the authentication attempt fails.

Il you help me understand how the proxy works, I'll gladly implement it for you.

My organisation currently using Squid 2.6 STABLE 16. Squid 2.6 has two modules which ship with it, mswin_check_lm_group and mswin_ntlm_auth. The former is used to confirm the received user is in a specified group, be it domain or local, while the later allows for authentication using NTLM/NTLMv2. When a user attempts to connect to a page the credentials of the logged on account are requested by Squid and then authenticated using NTLM via the modules listed above, checking both password and group membership.

From what I can see, WUD doesn't have any support for NTLM, so Squid rejects the connection as the authentication attempt fails.

So is it the same kind of authentication you would normally be prompted with when connecting to network shares?