Unattended Installation Always Mess Up the Time Setting.

Sgt_Strider

I think this problem started lately, but after my unattended Windows installation is done, the time is always wrong. I live in Vancouver where the timezone is GMT -8 PST/PDT. For some odd reason, after the unattended installation is done, the timezone shifts to Kabul Time. I checked my settings in the winnt.sif file and everything appears to be correct.

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=4
OemSkipWelcome=1

Another strange thing is that I can't synchronize the time with MS's server. I always get an error message as I try to use the internet time tab to update the time. This is very strange behaviour and I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

P.S: I'm using HFSLIP 1.6.2

Hello there. I had the same problem with my unattended DVD. It took a while, but finally I figured out that Microsoft's time zone fix was the cause. Frankly I was relieved, because it really freaked me out when everything kept setting to Afghanistan's time. Anyway, the problem was solved removing KB933360 from the HFSLIP HF folder. KB931836 should be removed too, if you haven't already. Tomcat76 has issued a fix for the time zone update. There's a zipped file you can download and extract the contents into the HFTOOLS folder. It will fix the time zone problem, and Windows Update won't prompt you to download KB931836 or KB933360. Here's a link to the fix: http://www.msfn.org/board/3rd_cumulative_t...p;mode=threaded If that link doesn't work, just Google "HFSLIP" and "KB933360" together and you'll find it. I hope this helps. This is my first post to the MSFN forums. I've been reading and learning here for several years, and signed up just now today because I thought maybe finally I could post something useful. BTW... I hope Microsoft isn't going to try to shut down the HFSLIP project. I noticed they shut down Autopatcher last month. I never used Autopatcher, but it's not a good sign.