Nero 7.9.6.0 Silent creates Nero file in Programfiles, not dir

Halfwalker

This seems to be an odd problem installing Nero v7.6.9.0 Lite. My entry for RunOnceEx looks like this :

if exist "%DIR%\Nero7960_eng_lite.exe" (
REG ADD %KEY%\%NUM% /V 15 /D "%DIR%\Nero7960_eng_lite.exe /GROUP=\"DVD\\Nero 7\" /TASKS=\"!DesktopIcon\" /SILENT /LANG=\"English\" /COMPONENTS=\"Nero_Core,Nero_Core\\Nero_MauSau,Nero_Core\\Nero_VideoCD,nero_toolkit,Nero_CoverDesigner,Nero_WaveEditor\" /SERIAL=\"SerialSerialSerialSerialSerial\" /USER=\"Firstname Lastname\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\%NUM% /V 16 /D "%DIR%\LS_HSI.exe /QB" /f
)

%KEY% is set to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

%NUM% is set to 228

%DIR% is set to the source dir on the UACD - that's D:\APPS\DVDAPPS

The install appears to start, but winds up creating a normal file in Program Files rather than an install dir, so the install silently fails. I can manually run the install from a CMD shell with

D:\APPS\DVDAPPS\Nero7960_eng_lite.exe /GROUP=\"DVD\\Nero 7\" /TASKS=\"!DesktopIcon\" /SILENT /LANG=\"English\" /COMPONENTS=\"Nero_Core,Nero_Core\\Nero_MauSau,Nero_Core\\Nero_VideoCD,nero_toolkit,Nero_CoverDesigner,Nero_WaveEditor\" /SERIAL=\"SerialSerialSerialSerialSerial\" /USER=\"Firstname Lastname\"

and it will install just fine. Well, I have to del the Nero file in Program Files first. I've also tested it with a clean setup, just running the install command above - works fine.

So it seems to complain being run from RunOnceEx. Actually, being run from Run, RunOnce or RunOnceEx.

Any ideas ?

D.

--edit - messed up definitions of variables above. Fixed.

Edited by Halfwalker

I can't get this sucker to work. What's odd is that it did work, some time ago. Somewhere during uacd updates something changed and broke it. I'm not sure when, since I didn't check on it due to the fact that it HAD been working. It's only the other day I noticed that Nero wasn't there in a VMWare test install.

Any ideas ?

D.