[Help] Creating Unattended Setup

k1LrOy

Hi guys...

I'm trying to make an Unattended XP setup cd for the very first time. And i'm over whelmed with all the numerous threads, addons & different utilities available to accomplish the task. It's all so confusing.

My basic priority is to slipstream my SATA & Chipset drivers. I think i was able to slipstream my sata drivers (booted pc with test cd & went up till the choose partition screen)

But along with that i'd also like to slipstream my chipset drivers & some updates i download from ryanvm site & also some other basic appz.

Now here is what i have :

Windows XP Pro (SP2) Retail (Absolutely clean)

RVMUpdatePack2.1.11.7z

RUPUpdates-2.1.11.13-Addon.7z

RVMAddons_1.8.2.7z

RVMAddonsDX9_1.4.7z

NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.6b.7z (Slipstream if possible)

WMP11 (Slipstream)

Rest of the Appz (Firefox 7zip Winrar etc)

Now i'm confused as to how should i go about this task. Should i integrate the rvmupdates with rvmintegrator first and then integrate the rest with nLite, or do everything with nLite. Also, i'm confused as to what should be the order of integration if i'm using nLite.

Also, when does all this stuff get installed? I mean at what point of the installation procedure do all these things get installed? And what does the word vanilla mean? does it mean clean rip/untouched/...virgin?! :P

Thanx for reading guys and looking forward to your help :)

If you've come so far as integrating drivers, you must have noticed an step to integrate Addons, just before. Well you put those all in nLite in tat AddOns section. nLite will take Ryan's pack as first (I think Nuhi once said that), for the rest you can sort the order of integration with little arrows on the side of the box.

At what point of the installation procedure do all these things get installed?

Everything gets integrated in the install files at the end of the nLite process. Once you got your cd made, most of them you won't notice in the Windows install process.

"Vanilla" means Windows files from version before any Service Pack.

For your chipset drivers, it depends on the sort of files you got at first.

If you've come so far as integrating drivers, you must have noticed an step to integrate Addons, just before. Well you put those all in nLite in tat AddOns section. nLite will take Ryan's pack as first (I think Nuhi once said that), for the rest you can sort the order of integration with little arrows on the side of the box.

At what point of the installation procedure do all these things get installed?

Everything gets integrated in the install files at the end of the nLite process. Once you got your cd made, most of them you won't notice in the Windows install process.

"Vanilla" means Windows files from version before any Service Pack.

For your chipset drivers, it depends on the sort of files you got at first.

Thanx for the reply Ponch.

I know about the arrow icons on that page, but i don't know what should be the order of the Addons/Updates.

Also, i found out about booogys wmp11 integrator. So if i wanted to use that, should i be doing that before the nLite procedure, before adding any update packs?

Don't worry about order. nLite knows order in which updates will be integrated.

booogys wmp11 integrator

Just install it, and then add WMP11 to be slipstreamed using nLite. nLite will then use that tool to integrate WMP11.

Cheers ;)