Windows XP setup not fully unattended

Arie

I've created a new unattended Windows XP setup. The only unattended part, which I left unattended on purpose, is the part where you can create a new partition, format, et cetera. Once all the files are copied to the disk during the text mode part of the setup process, the GUI-part of the installlation kicks in as normal. This should be fully unattended, but at the start here I get to see a window where I have to click Next to continue: "Welcome to the Windows XP Setup Wizard". I want this installation to be unattended, besides being able to choose where to install, et cetera, so I would like to get rid of this "Welcome to the Windows XP Setup Wizard" window. But how? Help! ;)

Add the following directive to the [GuiUnattended] section of the WINNT.SIF file (located on the I386 folder of your installation source):

OemSkipWelcome = 1

More information on REF.CHM contained in the DEPLOY.CAB file (Windows XP SP2 deployment tools).

Edited by ponghy

Have a look at [DiskConfig] while you are in the help file.

You can automate the process if you wish

btw... anyone know how to use diskconfig in windows2000?

is it the same as xp?

Edited by vanbc

Add the following directive to the [GuiUnattended] section of the WINNT.SIF file (located on the I386 folder of your installation source):

OemSkipWelcome = 1

More information on REF.CHM contained in the DEPLOY.CAB file (Windows XP SP2 deployment tools).

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying it a bit differently now after reading ref.chm; I have removed OEMPreinstall = Yes completely from my WINNT.SIF, as well as OEMSkipWelcome = 1, and I will give it a try now.

Have a look at [DiskConfig] while you are in the help file.

You can automate the process if you wish

btw... anyone know how to use diskconfig in windows2000?

is it the same as xp?

[DiskConfig]? Never heard of it and cannot find it mentioned in ref.chm either. Are you sure that you're not mistaken?

It is for use with Windows PE deployments and the WINBOM.ini, does not work in unattended answer files.

[DiskConfig]

The [DiskConfig] section contains entries for configuring and partitioning one or more physical hard disks when Factory.exe runs in the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE). This section uses the Diskpart command-line tool to implement disk configuration commands.

• 1 month later...