Update NTDETECT.com and ntldr?

Fungus

So this tip is now thoroughly tested and working ?

Maybe FDV can change this :

This isn't really a modified binary tip, and I have not seen a thorough enough discussion of it to link to, but you can replace 2000's NTDETECT.COM and NTLDR with XP's and your Windows 2000 installation will boot a little faster. Copy those XP files (just as they are) into this FIX folder. This will also allow you to dual-boot Windows 2000 and XP or 2003 Server. If you dual-boot Win 2k and XP or 2003, you have to do this.

on his page vorck.com , then and link to this thread, if more people can confirm, that it´s working.

Agi

@tommyp

Thanks for the confirmation by the Master himself ! :thumbup

So this "tweak" has the "holy approval" :D

Do you know about any problems, if these files are applied with HFSLIP and nlite is run on the SOURCESS folder afterwards ?

I´m also running a dualboot W98SE/ W2K, hope there aren´t any issues. :unsure:

Searched the forum for ntldr and ntdetect and found several threads, but none concerning this.

Agi

The only non-problem problem about using NLITE on the sourcess file depends on what you are reducing with NLITE; there is a list of files to keep that is listed on www.vorck.com. One of these days I should update the hfslip.org site to include the same information. But there are no problems with replacing the two files you mention, but I haven't tested it with a dual boot system.

Thanks again !

Would be nice to have this list as well as the tip to keep the new files, that HFSLIP integrated, directly available.

So I can also update the little HFSLIP/ nlite "HowTo" in the german-nlite.de forum.

http://www.german-nlite.de/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=80441

Will test it right away, got an XPSP2 from my brother, who just uses LINUX and it came with his PC.

Agi

Edited by AgiHammerklau