Where are scheme files for Windows 2000

myelin

Hello, i am trying to make a Hackpack for Windows 2000 with new icons and graphics, but difference in the size of system files before and after would be 0%. Please do not laugh at my humble project as i am not a programmer or anything just a hobbyist trying to make a pack usable on low end machines.

Anyway i have done a lot but i am stuck at skinning Windows 2000 bottom taskbar like Vista's. I do not know from where does the taskbar loads and what factors control it. I hope someone here can help me with this. I did searched and just found other programs of doing it but no hacks, i also read that maybe Hex editing or registry editing may be required. But i am not sure and do not know how. Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure where to that stuff is. :wacko: But I do remember reading that by editing explorer.exe you can edit start button caption and image. I don't know where I saw it though. Google "change Start Menu icon" or something. If you can't find the directions I can remember you have to have a program that can edit the .exe, then Ctrl+Alt+Del, Task Manager, kill explorer.exe (have the program launched before then) then start the editing. Its also recommended you make a copy of explorer, just in case. Sorry I can't remember anything else...

I have already done that. Its done in the user32.dll file, with Reshacker.

What i want to know is that how do i change my bottom taskbar where the start menu is, like its in Vista.

Wait i found it on MDGX website, its in the same place as in Windows 98: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Appearance\Schemes

Now i only want to know how do i change the shape of Start button? Any ideas. Thanks. :)

Edit: There is no option for bottom taskbar. Any help. Here is the link to MDGX's site:Windows 2000 colour scheme

Edited by myelin

Well, there are ways to make it like Vista orb for XP at this thread

Vista orb

But in Windows 2000 its a different story. I have been able to remove the start text, from the start button but i do not know how do i make it round. But i am searching and working on it.