DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Messerschmitt

Hi,

So I first got this when I installed daemon tools and the instalation has faild. It kept having problem, so I formated drive C: (I have C and D in 1 HDD).

But even now after format I still recive this error on blue screen. Why would it still give me this error? since I format any errors I might'v got from a faulty daemon installer (which does inserts virtual drives) should no longer be there.

And it seems it allways happen when I browse on firefox. They are random. It never happens when I play or it's idle in desktop.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

So I first got this when I installed daemon tools and the instalation has faild. It kept having problem, so I formated drive C: (I have C and D in 1 HDD).

But even now after format I still recive this error on blue screen. Why would it still give me this error? since I format any errors I might'v got from a faulty daemon installer (which does inserts virtual drives) should no longer be there.

And it seems it allways happen when I browse on firefox. They are random. It never happens when I play or it's idle in desktop.

Any thoughts?

Check out bluescreens.livenode.com - follow the BSOD debugging guide and you can see what (driver, usually) caused the problem.

I got this on one of our Dell servers once. After I did the following steps, the problem went away. I am not exactly sure which one fixed the problem.

upgrade the bios firmware

upgrade onboard raid controller firmware

upgrade onboard scsi controller firmware

upgrade server backplane firmware

---

upgrade to the newest Dell PERC Raid, SCSI, video, and network software drivers.

IIRC this was a Win 2000 server.

YMMV,

-John

This is a complete guess, but Daemon Tools installs what I think is an old version of SPD (or SPTD?) drivers.

If Daemon Tools left it behind, I guess you're either stuck with an old version, or you can update to the latest version here:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

If it doesn't help, maybe uninstalling the updated version will!

I've got the above installed due to Daemon Tools's SPD affecting Eact Audio Copy, and it's worked fine for me for several months.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention I have Windows XP SP2, all updates done.

I have upgraded the bios to last stable version.

My mobo: GA-P35-DS3R (gigabyte).

I only have 1 HDD so it's not RAID or SCSI. I use AHCP (I belive it's called, it's the SATA II)

I will look into the blue screen link tomorrow when I will be having some free time, and I will try to update Daemon tools driver see if that does anything.

I have the same Daemon Tool on my other computer, difference would be that it uses PATA HDD and AGP Videocard, and I never had this problem. But still, I started reciving this errors ever since that Daemon install failed.

Edited by Messerschmitt

I only have 1 HDD so it's not RAID or SCSI. I use AHCP (I belive it's called, it's the SATA II)

I will look into the blue screen link tomorrow when I will be having some free time, and I will try to update Daemon tools driver see if that does anything.

I have the same Daemon Tool on my other computer, difference would be that it uses PATA HDD and AGP Videocard, and I never had this problem. But still, I started reciving this errors ever since that Daemon install failed.

5 minutes spent with the debugger will tell you why it crashes - (usually) no need to guess.... it's much easier than guessing - just load the dump in the debugger, analyze it, and you're done!

Hi,

Any thoughts?

Try a BIOS reset. I had a similar problem in the past but not because Daemon Tools and solved it with a BIOS reset.

What happened when you looked at the dump in the debugger? bluescreens.livenode.com has full information on what to do....