vLite Hotfix integration & blue screen

fredpsycho83

Hi every one, i have a little problem :

I'm making an unattend DVD of Vista Ultimate 32bit with the full list of hotfix (i have 241 hotfix) and when i run the integration with vLite with the button APPLY, in the middle of the integration, i have a blue screen with an NTFS.SYS error ...

It is the only bleu screen i have ever had in Vista ... i have ran RAM test, and it is all OK, full scan of CHKDSK and no problem to ... and this blue screen appears only with vLite.

- Is it because i want to integrate too much KB ? (i don't know if it is on a specific KB that hapen ...)

- Is it because of a vLite bug ?

- If it isn't that, NTFS.SYS error want to tell one of my KB file is on a corrupted cluster or something else ?

- And to finish, if someone have the real full list of KB for vista x86 and / or x64, i am interesting to share mine and to find the KB's i dont have... Or it is complety not recommending to integrate to much KB ?

THX !!

EDIT : I have just tried with Vista Update Integrator 0.9.1.1 Beta (sorry ^^) and it is the same thing, blue screen about 15-20min, i don't really see with which KB it appen.

Edited by fredpsycho83

erf ... no one have an idea ?? :wacko:

Try to be more specific. What is the full BSOD message?

This can occur for a number of reasons, typically when using SCSI or SATA drives sometimes. How many partitions do you have? Are all partitions formatted with NTFS?

Although viruses can play a big part in messing up the file system, it may also be a Hard disk issue. Try a hard disk utility from your manufacturer to test you drive.

Finally reset your bios.

• 1 month later...

i just found myself this error today. i was integrating a language pack.

i googled the error and found that it relates to read/write in hard drives.

i tried three times to integrate the language pack and three times i got this.

i think the package manager and vlite are causing this.

i changed the temp folder in vLite options to another driver an it worked great. maybe vLite can enforce to use another drive for use as temp as default.

also you can try to disable any anti-virus because as package manager does a lot of scripting when integrating hotfixes and language packs antivirus are scanning them a lot. you can gain some performance too.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue.

Once u click browse and feed it the copied vista directory, it scans and gives the BSOD NTFS.SYS error.

I've Tried this from a cold boot, reinstalled my whole windows, and Low level formated my two raided sata drives.

I use NOD32 Anti-virus, Nforce 4 raid.

I think maybe this is an issue with nvidas ide/sw drivers overwriting xp's default drivers, (look up more info)

When i get the time, i will disable my raid, and try vlite on a single hard drive with no ide sw drivers (win xp's default drivers) and see if vlite wont cause a BSOD.

And aslo disable/no anti-virus :thumbup

A question to fredpsycho83..

Please describe the make/model of your pc and or what you use.

I'm heavily convinced that this is a vlite bug on nvidia sw drivers and/or NOD32 components

Edited by mikemon

• 1 month later...

correction, i uninstalled everything except my firewall.

and still receive the errors.

I have debuged this, and found the problem to be commodo firewall v3

Commodo has a defense+ thing that monitors programs that attached itself to others

and even with defense+ permantly turned off, the ntfs.sys still occurs.

the only solution is to uninstall your commodo firewall temporarily, or use another

thanks for the solution guidance nuhi.

Your work has always exceeded what i thought possible. :thumbup

Yes I am aware of the Comodo's Defense+ issue, that is why I usually say "or firewalls with process protection".

Funny thing is I always used Comodo and never had that issue but it was because I would choose Basic Firewall on install, then Defense+ is disabled.

However I enabled it and it works fine on Vista SP1 so maybe they fixed it or there is more to it, maybe order of install, WIM/Comodo or vice versa.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...