is it me or MSN times out a lot?

babis

Same hare, i have the latest 4.6 version, but even if someone on my buddy list goes offline i see them as if they were online. The only way for me to check if they are offline or not is to start chat with them. If person i was trying to chat with was actually offline, i get instant notice about that and status of that person changes.

I have the latest version... That really is annoying... I don't know how poeple use msn, it's terrible, hopefully the new update will fix this ......

Although I mainly use AIM, it isn't as "pweety" looking as msn..oh well, I'm sure it will eventually become so...

they really need to give us some new interface... I mean they do own the top 2 IMs in the world.. aim & icq !

Mine stays connected fairly well (v 4.6.0073) although I notice sometimes overnight I will have to reconnect. It goes into 'away from computer' mode and I think during that status it loses its connection. The way I understand that it works, it sends a 'presence' signal along with its IP address to the Messenger server and then pings every so often to announce it is still there. I think it might lose its place whenever a dynamic IP address change occurs. Anyone out there with a static IP address have the problem of messenger flaking out and having to reconnect?

Also - a bard to Drewdatrip -- an IM post that you did not just tell the post-er to go get Trillian and the world would be rosie!!!! Call the press - - announce this from the mountaintops!!!

:):rolleyes::D :D :cool: :cool: Just kidding you Drew

LS

I used to use MSN Messanger, i had an odd problem with it tho, i could NEVER send files through it!, i switched over to Trillian (hte new ver is nice, the old one sucked), and i can send files now!!

It sux, just to be honest, Trillian is nice, but I like yahoo messenger because I have more peeps, family and friends on that system. I dont like yahoo any better than I like MSN messenger, its just yahoo is where all my contacts are, and trillian is what I would use if I had more contacts in the other proggies.

Big Booger

how come you guys have to many problems? my windows messenger(MSN Messenger for XP) worked really well, it never timed out, I have MSN Messenger for over 3 years, and I NEVER get any error(other then server upgrade):WTF?::poke