MS Excel 2003

SarahC

Hi there,

I have an excel spreadsheet which is only 117kb's in size. It's a template file and when I go to remove some of the comments in it, it freezes and I have to end task to get out of it. It doesn't happen with all the comments, just some of them??

Any help is much appreciated as at the moment I can't change it as I need to!

Sarah

While the document is open, hit Alt-F11 and look in there to see if there is any VBA code. If there is, and you don't need it: delete it. Then save a BACKUP COPY of this document and open it back up.

There is a picture of the screen about halfway down this page: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009...icle.asp?ID=302

• 2 weeks later...

You might try creating a new spreadsheet and copy/pasting just the data you want into the new sheet. Even if it takes a couple of copy/paste operations, it'll be worth it to not be haunted by whatever is wrong with that particular spreadsheet.

You could also try saving it as an older file format. That shouldn't compromise any data unless you use new features (unlikely).

• 1 month later...

Cheers Tain,

I had already copied and pasted some of the data to try it and it seems to work!! I will try saving it as an older file format though as you suggest, it maybe the best solution.

Thanks for your time!

Sarah