Challenges integrating IE7 Hot Fixes with nLite 1.4

ErikM1970

I have searched through the forums; however, I cannot seem to find a match to the challenges I am having. As like most, I am building a custom Windows XP Professional CD which will contain as many available updates as possible. The less time I spend on Microsoft's Windows Update site the better. :blink:

Anyhow, I have successfully integrated WMP11 and IE7; however, I am having some issues trying to get two IE7 hot fixes integrated.

Any attempt to integrate IE7-KB937143 and IE7-KB938127 result in the setup process to start rebooting repeatedly. I removed the IE6-specific KB937143 thinking that having both was causing the problem; unfortunately, this was not the case. I haven't yet broken it down further to see if one of the two IE7 hot fixes was causing the problem; however, since I am going to need it in the end, I don't see the point.

Has anyone else here experienced this issue and if so, can you share some suggestions to assist me in getting past this?

Thank you,

Erik

I have searched through the forums; however, I cannot seem to find a match to the challenges I am having. As like most, I am building a custom Windows XP Professional CD which will contain as many available updates as possible. The less time I spend on Microsoft's Windows Update site the better. :blink:

Anyhow, I have successfully integrated WMP11 and IE7; however, I am having some issues trying to get two IE7 hot fixes integrated.

Any attempt to integrate IE7-KB937143 and IE7-KB938127 result in the setup process to start rebooting repeatedly. I removed the IE6-specific KB937143 thinking that having both was causing the problem; unfortunately, this was not the case. I haven't yet broken it down further to see if one of the two IE7 hot fixes was causing the problem; however, since I am going to need it in the end, I don't see the point.

Has anyone else here experienced this issue and if so, can you share some suggestions to assist me in getting past this?

Thank you,

Erik

Same problem here

If you have IE6 updates still in there, you need to just start over and only include the ones Windows Updates tells you that you need after doing a fresh XPSP2 install with only IE7.

l install windows xpsp2 and have a look wihch hotfix l need ,then l entegrate them but only 937143 can not be integrated

Slightly different than original post, by including KB937143 and KB938127, RunOnceEX won't execute at all. If I don't include that 2 hotfix, RunOnceEx will execute perfectly. So for now I left that 2 hotfix out.