Service plan or stuff it???

Rick

Hey, I'm in the process of getting a laptop and I am just curious...do you suggest buying the service plan $220! 3Yrs or just rough it? On a desktop...forget it but what I'm worried about is a screen bust or something like that. What have you done? Maybe this should be in members plus but since I'm not a mod...screw it!!! LOL:D

Rick:cool:

Bought a compaq in 1999. Worked great for 1 and half, then around November the screen took a s*** on me. I did not opt for the 3 year plan because I thought the 2 year warranty would be great. Well the warranty expired JUNE 2001, so thanks to my dumbass, I had to buy a new screen, uh oh, what was that 600 bucks you say. OHHH yes and get this I had to pay for shipping there and back, and.... this is going to grab your testicles ever so tightly, I had to pay for taxes yes internet taxes. Go with the xtra warranty, you'll thank me.

Another reason to do that is, right before the warranty expires, rough the hell out of your Laptop, screw it all up. Send it in for warranty repair. Brand new laptop at not cost.

Big Booger

I have been told to spend the extra cash and get the warrenty. Laptops have the tendency to get a bit jacked after a year or so...and the parts are a f***ing rip off! Of which most of the time its impossiable to install yourself. Spend the dough you wont regret it.

:beer

-drew