[Release] Vize 0.3 Beta

XPero

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

so, i understand, its beta 0.3 (like really early and stuff), but is it a lot to be asked, to generate a system restore point by the installer prior to installing your software. i just had to reset everything on my vLited Win Vista Ultimate x86, because after using vize my system couldn't load logonui.dll, because it was missing. and the last restorepoint was 8 hours ago, so i had to sit through 15 minutes of restoring on my core2duo and now had to reinstall kaspersky, because this was the last restorepoint (prior to installing KAV).

I'm lucky that it's running again.

So my suggestions would be, generate a Systemrestorepoint (or at least ask the user to do so) and while being still in beta mode, flash big red letters across the screen, that this is beta, save everything beforehand, know what you do and so on...

i've used xpize, which worked like a charm, therefore i was happy to see something similar for vista and installed without much thinking.

so, advice to all who may try it, do a backup of vista beforehand :)

Instead of wasting your time adding red faces, can you please tell us what you removed with vLite and other information of interest to help to resolve that bug?

Also, I agree on your suggestion about System Restore.

Thanks

Hi XPero,

Great job as usual !

Nevertheless some questions:

1. How do you check the files needed to be reloaded ? Did you think about my proposal (patching the version resources) ?

2. Did you succeed in patching the comctl32.dll in WinSXS folder ?

3. Why not integrating VistaGlazz ?

See U

Edited by peyronnx

Hi XPero,

Great job as usual !

1. How do you check the files needed to be reloaded ? Did you think about my proposal (patching the version resources) ?

3. Why not integrate VistaGlazz ?

See U

Hi,

1. As I told you, it is a good idea, but I'm not using that method. I prefer checking file size (I will probably add file version in next versions). But this is not my priority now.

2. No, I'm not worried about resources right now. I want to have a solid and safe base and then start adding new things.

3. Same as above.

Cheers

Hi XPero,

Great job as usual !

3. Why not integrate VistaGlazz ?

See U

Hi,

1. As I told you, it is a good idea, but I'm not using that method. I prefer checking file size (I will probably add file version in next versions). But this is not my priority now.

2. No, I'm not worried about resources right now. I want to have a solid and safe base and then start adding new things.

3. Same as above.

Cheers

Okay safe way of proceding!

Good luck

Hasta la Vista