Sure do wish someone would answer -- uninstalling and reactivating Off

lgutherie

Hello,

I am running Office 2007 teacher/student edition on Vista HP. I have plenty of memory and ram. Office is so buggy, takes forever to start, then presents me with the message that English is not installed (it starts anyway when I close that dialog box).

Icing on the cake was today when I attempted to install an add on for Power Point and was informed that it is not installed (it is)

I think the problem may be that I did not uninstall my downloaded trial version before installing my purchased version. So I am wondering how I go about uninstalling everything that refers to Office from the registry, and also if I will be able to activate when I reinstall since it has already been installed once.

I hope this question is not too trite for this board - seems like y'all mostly deal with weightier matters :}

thanks,

Linda

Edited by lgutherie

By all means, get rid of the Trial version asap. Use the Programs and Features in Control Panel to see what's installed and to remove things. first take out the trial software and then see if that helps. If not, then remove it entirely and reinstall. You should have no trouble with activation, and if you do, call MS and just explain what you did and they'll get you activated again.

Thanks, Don and TAin,

I removed Office through cpanel after installing paid for version over trial version, then re-installed paid for version. It let me reinstall with no activation trouble, was just not sure it would let me do it twice.

I'm thinking the trial version left some junk/spyware for me in the registry. I do regular registry maintenance but am reluctant to delete all office references from it, although that may solve my problem.

So if anyone has an opinion about uninstalling by editing the registry, please advise.

Thanks.

Linda