Can you post your command lines?

I'm trying to figure out how to delete all the icons (shortcuts) from the desktop along with the folder created in start menu of a particular program. So I need the commands which to put in WPI in order to have shortcuts and folder in start menu deleted. I didn't find any clear answer on this forum and I have no idea how to attain my goal. If you could post your commands so I can understand what to write in WPI commandline it would be appreciated

You can use this commandline to delete the desktop shortcuts:

del /s/q "%UserProfile%\Desktop\*.lnk"

del /s/q "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\*.lnk"

To delete shortcuts in startmenu use:

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\YOUR PROGRAM.lnk" ---> fill in your program

And for folders in start menu use:

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Games\" ---> will delete games folder

put this in a .bat or .cmd file and use it in WPI

Greetz, DJPro

Edited by DJPro

Thanks a lot, it works fine, though I had to use %UserProfile% almost all the time or it didn't delete.

I figure that writing RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ deletes all the folders at once. By the way, what means RD?

I wonder why if I write these commands in WPI they don't work? I would be more convenient than having a .cmd file.

Thanks for help again, and I would be glad still if people could post their WPI commands. I have 10 lines there, I use only 1 to install a program, I could probably write something useful in the rest of them