Help with "updates"

Slane

Okay I been trying to make a xp home nlite disk for the past 2 days so far! Going on day 3 and what all I did was start all over and worked my way up.

I think I found my problem and its on of the hotfixes, you see I downloaded the security hot fixes from Microsoft their ISO that's about 2gig. I loaded up all the enlgish xp 84x (32bit) fixes. Now when I try to load this image/iso/cd. Once it sets up the hard drive and gets the installing part set up with the mouse and blus background. It shuts down and reboots, I think it gives me an error but goes to fast to even tell.

Now my question is how can I find out what hotfix is doing this , is their a way to unload it or do I got to start over and load one by one up? Can I go in the directory that its trying to install and find the error?

(I am using a virtualbox).

I'm not from the police, :angel but you should not double post.

Also sorry but I never heard of that 2Gig ISO containing all updates.

2gb iso of updates, wow thats alot of updates :blink:

press F8 before the windows logo and select Disable automatic restart, this will giv you a chance to see the blue screen error.

Edited by legolash2o

Is IE7 being integrated? I just had that rebooting symptom and it was because I forgot to put IE7 in with the hotfixes.

Also it sounds like a very bad idea to use the ISO, considering there are lots of updates not everyone needs. The safest, albeit time consuming, way is to first load up Windows without updates and follow all the links for each item in Windows Update and download them.