Windows Firebird - Discontinued

• 4 weeks later...

computerwizkid

If I may make a suggestion...

Why don't you e-mail or PM erpdude8, he maintains + updates the current Win98 FE SP2:

http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=44732

Newest Win98 FE SP2 release 2.3.0 has been updated 9-21-2007:

* Unofficial Windows 98 Service Pack 2 (SP2) 2.3.0 upgrades Windows 98 final/Gold/RTM to Windows 98 Service Pack 2 (SP2):

http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=44732

98 SP2 [35.5 MB, English, free]:

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/98FESP2.EXE

P.S.:

Please make a draft of what you wish to post, research it first, and then post your comments here.

I'm going to delete all your empty posts, if you don't mind.

HTH [Hope This Helps]

Thanks for deleting posts.But I know there is Windows 98 FE SP2 out on MSFN.I just want something that will completely change Win98 FE and I would like to make it myself!Please tell me a way to make a slim installer version of RP which will only install Lameskin and CP Applets and the New Taskmanager.And a way to install Updates without showing prompts! :thumbup

P.S Please tell me a good Name for this project!!!!!!

These could be names that include what the pack does:

Changer Pack 98FE (CP98FE)

Tranformation Package for 98 First Edition (TP98)

98FE Upgrader (98FEUPG)

The setup design is underway with Windows Cloud is underway.I am just trying to change the look of the Original 98 Setup,I will problary will have to have a rewritten 98 Setup but i do not know how.I am not programmer or a artist.I need to create a new setup because it turns that alot of the stuff I am putting into the original 98 Setup will not install with the old 98 setup.

Unless someone can tell me a way to include lameskins without rewriting the setup.

I am in deep poop.

Hey Guys,I was wondering if yu would wait for graphical improvements to wait a few weeks to months.I am designing and right now I am trying to get Windows 98 to a very small size.I am going to be using guide from nano98.I need to find a way to include system.ini and wini.in in setup files even though it is created after a 98 installation.I will release a beta in 2 weeks after I find a way in include system.ini and win.ini.That will not have a lot of things such as webview,ie,and other things.If you want these things then tell me and I will include them.There is this program that I will include in setup that is the best compression tool.It can compress files but the decompression s really fast.It's called UPX.

link to nano98: http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e8gus/nano98

Edited by computerwizkid

Everyone thinks I am spamming the RP 7 forum.I just want lameskin in Windows Cloud.I am probulary removing some DOS stuff to make it faster.removing command.com and trying to make shell32,explorer to a small size but still have new icons and make it modern.

Also,

To Marxo:

Why has the the Windows Project Community forums server has been down for so long?The last time I was on was Monday or Tuesday.Today is Saturday.

I have noticed not alot of people have been replying on my topic .This project will only live with the MSFN community and Windows Project Community forums replying on the topic.

Someone please delete the "contents not accurate.contents deleted" posts.

Sincerly,

computerwizkid

Edited by computerwizkid

Hmmm .....

Windows 98 without command.com ..... well, that will be interesting to see ... yes, very interesting ..... very interesting ....

Perhaps the cloud is moving over to windows cloud ? ...... (sorry for the pun ....) :whistle:

I hope you understand what you're trying to do to poor command.com, shell32.dll and explorer.exe .....

Anyways, applying LameSkin onto windows is not difficult ... making LameSkin over the years is .... :angry:

Out of respect to Tihiy, I'd be keeping mum over this ...

Rgds