Telephony can start but RACM cannot

shajunxing

I used nLite 1.4 beta to shrink XP sp2, deleted everything but Dial-up and VPN support, Eventlog and Windows Management Instrumentation. I know that New Connection Wizard depends on Dial-up and VPN support, PPPoE selection depends on Remote Access Connection Manager, Remote Access Connection Manager depends on Telephony. But after installed in VMWare, I found that Telephony service can start normally but Remote Access Connection Manager cannot start, I checked the system event log and found an error: "The Remote Access Connection Manager service terminated with service-specific error 3221356592 (0xC0020030)."

Can anybody tell me what is the problem? :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

You removed too much like countless before you, redo your ISO from scratch.

What I do is remove Accessibility, unneeded drivers, languages, multimedia and the old stuff like Windows Messenger and a few other bogus useless junk, leave all Hardware, OS, Networking and Services alone. What this does is slim your OS down by more than half and does not hurt your functionality.

Video encoding, editing? Sure.

Gaming? Sure.

Office/Productivity? Sure.

General chat/e-mail/file sharing/web browsing? Sure.

Keep in mind I use all third party/freeware/open source software.

Edited by Jeremy

You removed too much like countless before you, redo your ISO from scratch.

What I do is remove Accessibility, unneeded drivers, languages, multimedia and the old stuff like Windows Messenger and a few other bogus useless junk, leave all Hardware, OS, Networking and Services alone. What this does is slim your OS down by more than half and does not hurt your functionality.

Video encoding, editing? Sure.

Gaming? Sure.

Office/Productivity? Sure.

General chat/e-mail/file sharing/web browsing? Sure.

Keep in mind I use all third party/freeware/open source software.

I have the same habit as you too. :hello: I used Windows NT, Windows 2000 long times ago, so I thing most of the XP's components is not nessary for me, such as COM+, another reason is that I wan to make XP fit my old PC, so I am trying my best to get a minimal XP :rolleyes: