Modifying Windows File Protection WinXP Home

Bethrezen

hi all

I used xplite to remove several unneeded components from win xp home but now I'm left with empty

xerox

Microsoft ActiveSync

microsoft frontpage

movie maker

msn gaming zone

netmeeting

outlook express

folders that I cant delete now if I tell xplite to completely disable windows file protection then I'm able to get rid of them trouble is that as soon as I re-enable windows file protection to guard the systems important files the empty folders come back again

now looking in to this I came across a method of removing files from windows file protection by modifying the sfcfiles.dll problem is that I don't really know what i'm doing and i was wondering if someone could help here is the article in question

http://www.bitsum.com/aboutwfp.asp

ideally id like to completely remove the above from windows file protection as there not needed and have been removed from my system by xplite

can any one help ??

I had considered that but id prefair to leave the file protection active to make sure the system doesn't become unstable but id like to remove non critical components from the file protection coz they shouldn't be there and its causing phantom folders which is anoying

If you have disabled WFP, replace your current SFCFILES.DLL with the one in the .ZIP file in the attachment.

If you have not disabled WFP, replace the SFCFILES.DLL in the DLLCACHE directory with the one in the .ZIP file in the attachment, and then go to the command prompt and rename the SFCFILES.DLL in the SYSTEM32 directory to SFCFILES.OLD. WFP will then replace SFCFILES.DLL with your copy in the DLLCACHE directory.

In either case, reboot your system, and the directories you listed can be permanently deleted. Please note that this "hack" will disable WFP if you previously had it enabled, and SFC /SCANNOW will not work because there will no longer be any files to scan.

SFCFILES.ZIP