Slipstreaming tools and forums gone!

GreenMachine

Over the years here at MSFN, there has been much work, discussion and collaboration devoted to the slipstreaming of hotfixes and updates to allow our members to easily create an up-to-date Windows Installation. Though these topics may have seemed "dead" to the higher powers, I would consider them completed. I, personally, have not invested more time into XPCREATE because it is working just fine: a finished product. In addition to the product itself, the disscussions that led to the solving of many problems was invaluable in itself. Additionally, I found myself looking at other posts in the Members Contributed Projects Forums that have helped me with other issues, most notably as of late the Hotstream Project. Alas, much to my dismay, and surprise, those forums are gone now. Has bandwidth and disk space become so scarce and valuable? Has work done just a few years ago become so irrelevent?

I am not sure what the reason, but I do want to take a moment to express my disappointment, and sadness, that even as a two time "Supreme Sponsor" more than half of my posts have been deemed unwanted and are now gone, while more "worthwile" topics, like how to import registry settings, or remove shortcuts, or circumvent WGA nags are beat into the ground ... Is it a case of "Different Strokes For Different Folks", or simply "GreenMachine Being GreenMachine"?

I find it very difficult to find what I want on these forums. The tutorials are slowly becoming irelavent. I started a new slipstream this morning and forgot a few things. Failed to find them on the forum so had to search all over. Still trying to intergrate the hotfixes with a big failier on my job (F)!!!!!!

Links are dead, some of them and its just a pain.

Forums were made invisible because of inactivity.... now they are back and people can post. If a project is finished (yes, also yours) then let us know, please. So that we can make that forum read-only or just leave it open, but if nothing happens then we also don’t know what to do. Just remember that we nearly never remove forums :)

@Andrewbell, your signature is too big. Please read the rules and edit your signature according to the rules :)

PS GreenMachine, thanks for the donation, its really much appreciated, your valuable posts too btw!

WOW! Looks like another case of the squeaky hinge getting the oil!

XPCREATE itself has hardly moved for a long time. The code does just what it was designed to do, and the hotfix layout has not warranted any new design. I am currently looking into 2 minor annoyances (IE7 patches, and .NET 3), and will keep you all posted with what I find out.

Thanks for your reactivity, MartinL, and getting the forums back up. I really wanted to see the hotstream project as well!