Pls Help With Photo Printing Wizard with Vista Ultimate

mcmuzzy

Hi. hope someone can help me with this. I have just installed Vista Ultimate on my pc and have noticed the the photo printing wizard which i used to use on Win XP is gone. I am unable to "print full page fax centered and rotated to fit" the way i used to with Win XP. I would really love to get this feature back if possible.

Any help and advise anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated

cheers

mcmuzzy

I understand and appreciate what you are saying but what i am talking about is the the option which says Full Page Fax Print Centered And Rotated To Fit. This is the option.I am after. Is there anyway to get this option on vista ultimate ? This is on the XP Photo Printing Wizard. I am trying to do this exact same procedure on Vista

Is it the rotation part you aren't finding? Mine seems to do that for me, when I choose to print full page images. That's what I was getting at. I'm sitting in front of two PCs right now, one with XP and one with Vista Ultimate, and I'm not seeing a difference in the output, trying to print some full page images.

In xp when you right click on a picture and hit print it comes up with the photo printing wizard for XP

If you hit next it comes up with the printer and printing preferences and if you hit next again it comes up with available layouts.

The layouts are as follows

Full Page Prints

"full page fax print centered and rotated to fit"

"full page photo print cropped and rotated to fit"

and then you have all the other layouts

the one i am trying to get on Vista Ultimate which is on XP is "full page fax print centered and rotated to fit" not the other one. Is there a plugin for this that i am not aware of and if so could you pls advise where can i download it because i cannot see this exact option in vista

Edited by mcmuzzy

I think you might have misunderstood what I was saying. Anytime I've tried to print a photo to a full page, larger or not, the output is perfectly fine, exactly as it used to print with that setting you are looking for in XP. I'm actually able to print the same pictures out on my PC (Vista) and my wife's PC (XP) and the output is the same on both, regardless of the photo. You seem to be hung up on the wording of the feature, rather than what the prints actually look like. I asked in the first post if you were having a problem with the output. If so, that's what we should be talking about, not the wording of the feature. I've printed everything from our wedding photos, to much smaller, lower quality photos with both options on both OSes, and I can't see a difference.

printing isn't the problem my friend, the problem i am having with vista is printing to an exact meaurement. is it possible to print exact custom measurments with vista? for example if wanted to print say 10 photos at a scale of 27.43cm x 18.42 cm with windows vista. Is this possible?

Now I see what you are trying to do. I was thinking all you wanted was your photos to print full page. I'm not away of anything built in to Vista that allows custom dimensions. If the Poweroys from XP were ported over, we'd have something.