Cannot create bootable ISO

ianwuk

Hello,

I am new to VLite, the process that I use is as follows:

I copy my Vista DVD to a folder on my hard drive and then point VLite to that and choose to modify Home Premium (x86).

VLite loads and then I add my drivers and perform all my tweaks.

I then choose to rebuild the program and VLite does that.

Once done I click Next and choose the 'Create ISO' option, VLite does this and the ISO is only 200MB. This is also the same as using the Direct Burn option.

Once finished I mount the ISO with Virtual PC 2007 to test it and I get an error saying that BOOTMGR is not found, when I look inside the ISO created by VLite I just get a Boot folder and an EFI folder and a few files (including the Setup exe), no Sources folder.

So I tried again and this time chose not to compact Vista and get the same result.

So I then tried applying the changes and making an ISO using PowerISO of all the folders in the directory that VLite uses, this comes to about 3GB (which sounds right) but when I load the ISO in Virtual PC 2007 it does not autoboot.

Can anyone solve this problem that is really frustrating me? I just want to shrink Vista, add my drivers and have it all autoboot and be unattended.

Many thanks.

Hey ianwuk,

Try the following:

Let vLite itself copy the vista files from the DVD (make sure it copies the files to the same partition and that you have READ AND WRITE access to the files)

Disable or completely uninstall your antivirus software!

Make sure you have enough space for the processing (temporary files) and for the final ISO.

Finally select APPLY and then REBUILD then create image (make ISO)