Dangerous Serious>> MSN No More On Win98se

johnfb76

Didn't I hear that they make Pidgin (formerly GAIM) for Windows too? You could logon to just about anything with that. Not sure about 98SE compatibility but at least they wouldn't intentionally break it like Microsoft would.

Maybe it's your firewall, or something?

You know, just saying "it won't work" doesn't tell us much. What exactly happens? If there's an error message, what does it say? What have you already tried to solve the problem? Stuff like that. We're not psychic.

MSN 7 It Worked on XP on the same Dial up Connection I Use

But When I Turn To Win98se It didnt work by logging on

I Try The Versions

MSN 4.6

MSN 6.2

MSN 7

All Give Me The Same Message

Net Messenger Services possibly because of a problem with service or with your internet connection.

May Be Microsoft will finish the Win98 System Platform

Any One Success In Loging On Win98se with Any version of Messenger

Any Help... Guys

I would more likely suspect something other than MSN in this case. You mentioned dial-up, has the provider done something to cause the breakage? What about a firewall? If you have one you may need to make some holes for MSN to work. 98 is a different beast than the NT based OS's, otherwise I would have you check services. Maybe use Autoruns from Sysinternals to see what runs on startup. Maybe you have something on your machine you don't realize is there that is causing the problem. I would also use Process Explorer from Sysinternals to see what is running on your computer. Have you tried a fresh install? I remember when I was using 98 this solved many problems. Have you tried http://www.meebo.com in a web browser just to see if you can connect that way? It might be a good step just to make sure you can connect. Good luck in solving your problem.

Leland

:D