TweakUI, how to integrate it ?

NeoSting

Hello,

I have made a cd with about 25 progs. I would like to add my tweakui fr version in the nlite addons. Can you tell me what can i do ?

I have seen that TweakUI is able to run alone, and i haven't any installer.

Can you just explain me how to make it go to the control panel and be ready when installing XP ?

Thanks a lot :)

Integrating Tweak UI can be done very easily. Download Tweak UI from here. Extract the file TweakUI.exe from the self-extracting EXE-file using for instance WinRAR. This is the only file you will need from the package. If you are using HFSLIP, move the file TweakUI.exe to the following folder: HFEXPERT\WIN\system32. If you are not using HFSLIP, you will have to use $OEM$ Distribution Folders. Move the file TweakUI.exe to the following folder in this case: $OEM$\$$\system32. When you would install Windows XP now, TweakUI.exe will be in your WINDOWS\system32 directory. It will however not be linked from the Start Menu for instance. Personally, I always delete the Start Menu entries for Tweak UI when installing manually and instead add a shortcut to Tweak UI in the Control Panel. To do this automatically during installation, add the following REG-file to your installation:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Add Tweak UI to Control Panel
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D14ED2E1-C75B-443c-BD7C-FC03B2F08C17}]
@="Tweak UI"
"InfoTip"="Customize Windows from one location"

Hope this helps!