Re-instating Active desktop

slithy

Hi-all.

I'm hoping some-one can help me. I've just been hit by a couple of rather nasty Trojans, I've managed to get rid of them with Prevx 2.0 but although I get my wallpaper (Wind, the one with the nice sand-dunes) on initial log in, it goes a lovely shade of white after completion of start-up & Active desktop is more sedentary than the average couch-potato.

At the same time I get this error message:-

"Cannot find 'file:///C:WINDOWS/privacy_danger.htm. make sure the path or internet address is correct"

Any advice please?

Cheers

Slithy

:blushing:

Hi, Idontwant spam.

I seem to have been hit by Zlob & Securepccleaner which opened 9 grizillion pages of IE7, all trying to get me to buy this bogus PC Cleaner. In short a good old protection racket for the IT age, pay us the money or well make surfing hell!!

I am running a Home Built Dual Channel AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (1GB RAM per channel) with Vista on my 400GB drive (F), SuSE Linux 10.0 on my second 250GB drive & XP Home on © (the drive in question) another 250GB, (I'm still getting used to Vista & some of my favourite applications don't work with it & I'm having internet connection problems with Linux), Gigabyte C51-MCP51 Mainboard, nVidia GeForce 6100 Chipset

As for what they're after, it seems to affect IE7 & Active Desktop, I can't right click on it or anything!!

I'm running Windows XP & using Firefox! (That's cos I don't want trojans 'jacking my browser)!!!

Cheers

Slithy

PS - I take it that BSOD is the good old "Blue Screen Of Death"?

Edited by slithy

• 3 months later...
Hi-all.

I'm hoping some-one can help me. I've just been hit by a couple of rather nasty Trojans, I've managed to get rid of them with Prevx 2.0 but although I get my wallpaper (Wind, the one with the nice sand-dunes) on initial log in, it goes a lovely shade of white after completion of start-up & Active desktop is more sedentary than the average couch-potato.

At the same time I get this error message:-

"Cannot find 'file:///C:WINDOWS/privacy_danger.htm. make sure the path or internet address is correct"

Any advice please?

Cheers

Slithy

:blushing:

Hi Slithy,

Did you manage to sort yourself out ?

I've got exactly the same problem now ... And nobody posted after you ...

Any help guys ?? I've been stuck like this for 3 days ... :angry::unsure:

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Julmops