Dual Boot My Documents

colinbate

I have recently dual booted my PC with XP and Vista (XP was on first if that really matters)

Is there any way of making both XP and Vista see and use the same My documents?

I know I can still view the others docs by rummaging through the the files and folders but its a pain to do. It would be so much easier if I can click on My Documents and both operating systems see and use the same files, is this possible?

of course its possible, but youll have to change the location of my docs in at least one os. even better is to make a script or make a reg key to automate the task.

i put my docs on a third partition visible to both the operating systems, then i simply change the location of my docs.

Even better yet, have a storage drive, with a folder called documents, and save everything there. I'm not sure what the allure to the "My" folders are, but I can't say I've ever used them. If you have a storage drive setup, you can have all of your data easily accessible to both OSes.

Even better yet, have a storage drive, with a folder called documents, and save everything there. I'm not sure what the allure to the "My" folders are, but I can't say I've ever used them. If you have a storage drive setup, you can have all of your data easily accessible to both OSes.

Agreed much better.