How to make slipstreamed CD of Norton Ghost 9.0 using nLite

morland

I don't have Ghost v9 right now, so I can't be sure there is no TXTSETUP.SIF editing needed. But as far as I remember it's not necessary for PE environment.

Make an image of your Ghost v9 CD with some tool like UltraISO (it's not free but there should be alternatives).

Download Intel Matrix Storage driver from Intel website. Or find it in your system (or on a disk with drivers for it). You only need one file: iaStor.sys.

Place iaStor.sys into i386\system32\drivers folder inside image.

Burn new CD using this image. Should work :rolleyes:

PS Acronis is not so universal and also has some unsupported controllers. IMHO DOS versions of Ghost or DeployCenter (DriveImage) is better for simple tasks of partition/disk imaging :whistle:

Edited by Oleg_II

...Make an image of your Ghost v9 CD with some tool like UltraISO (it's not free but there should be alternatives).

Download Intel Matrix Storage driver from Intel website. Or find it in your system (or on a disk with drivers for it). You only need one file: iaStor.sys.

Place iaStor.sys into i386\system32\drivers folder inside image.

Burn new CD using this image. Should work :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot Oleg :)

I will right away give your above suggestion a try and so how it goes. Can you kindly answer a pretty much related question. I'll be really grateful: I have similar problem with my bootable XP SP2 CD which also does not recognize the SATA harddisk. Will your suggested solution also allow me to make a "slipstreamed" bootable XP CD that will be able to recognize the sata hd?

Lots of thanks and I eagerly await your reply.

Can you kindly answer a pretty much related question. I'll be really grateful: I have similar problem with my bootable XP SP2 CD which also does not recognize the SATA harddisk. Will your suggested solution also allow me to make a "slipstreamed" bootable XP CD that will be able to recognize the sata hd?

You're joking, right ? What forum do you think you're posting ? :hello: You can use nLite for that one.

morland

Well, theoretically it should work (and works for me with only Intel iaStor.sys and Intel Chipset Device software applied after installation on Toshiba Satellite L401 ;)

But I've just tried it for a short time and not sure if there are any drawbacks with such a simple way. Windows is a bit more complicated then PE. Maybe you should use nLite to integrate the driver ;)

Edited by Oleg_II

Here I go :rolleyes:

1. Download drivers for CHIPSET , GRAPHIC , SATA disk controller , LAN and WIRELESS LAN

2. Open nLite. (god bless Nuhi) :thumbup

3. Point to untouched XP installation on CD or HDD

4. go to Task selection section and select Drivers

5. in Drivers section click insert - multiple driver folder

6. for Intel inf select subfolder ...../all

7. for SATA drivers select textmode driver and Intel® 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller

8. for LAN drivers select subfolder yk51x86_v10.22.1.3

9. integrate Graphics and wireless drivers to keep your installed system clean of useless crap from Intel ;)

Edited by jkey

Hi jkey,

First my apologies for the late thanks and secondly billions of thanks!!!! :)

Things are really hectic these days and I'll try to follow your solution at the earliest possible.

Till then, is the solution only to make a bootable Norton Ghost 9.0 which will recognize my SATA HD or can I also use your solution in order to make a "slipstreamed" bootable XP CD?

Once again, I REALLY appreciate you taking the time and helping me out :)

Thanks & Regards,

Morland