Getting Back Administrator Acount

Tammyte

;) any ideas on what to do

. going to control panal-says to go under Administrato (thats me)

. going to usser account. says same thing

. theirs only a guest accont to go on nothing else

. But I need to view my Calendar , exctra...

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. Did your account, a member of the administrators group, get deleted, or did THE administrator account get deleted? I think the built-in one can't be deleted. Your data might be gone. You may still be able to log on as THE administrator. If it's XP home, boot into safe mode and use the admin account. If it's pro, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the logon screen and enter Administrator as the username.

my son deleted Admin.Acco.

so he had admin rights to do that ? :whistle:

I guess that is a good point - why did your son have admin rights? Always restrict your children mercilessly.

Disclaimer: My parents give me an admin account. :whistle: But then again, I'm not stupid, and I'm the only one who can fix it when things go wrong, so I need it. :D

As for the problem, maybe you could use a BartPE disk with the password utility added and create a new admin account?

If the account was only deleted from the accounts list and he didn't deleted the files associated with it, depending upon how he went about deleting it, you files may still exist in the "documents and settings" folder under the account name you used. Outlook is in a non user friendly location that slips my mind at the moment, but I believe it buried under "D&S\application data\office\outlook"

you cant delete the admin account however you can disable it. Simply restore the registry from recovery console, then once the registry is restored you could load the registry hive.

A good work around is to reinstall windows. As the reinstall is running, press shift + f10, thatll give you a cmd window. Then use the net user command to create an admin account.

-gosh

. going to control panal-says to go under Administrato (thats me)

. going to usser account. says same thing

. theirs only a guest accont to go on nothing else

I don't get this.

1)How do you get to User accounts if you can't go to Control Panel ?

2)Administrator doesn't show under User Accounts, it is normal, it doesn't mean the account has been deleted.

3) Your son must have used an account to make "a" change. Given the fact there is no other account, he can't have deleted the administrator under "administrator". I think it's just a matter of not seing the administrator "picture" at welcome screen anymore. Press CtrlAltDel twice at Welcome Screen or boot in Safe Mode. Or ask your son what he's done.

You can not delete the actual Administrator account. You can delete other accounts the have Administrator rights, but you must be in the Administrator group in order to do that!

However, as was pointed out - you can login to the actual Administrator user account by hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice at the Welcome screen - that will give you a "Classic" (WinNT/Win2k) login screen - Just type Administrator for the user name, and of course the password assigned to Administrator.

From that point you can Re-Create any accounts that were deleted, change passwords, change user rights, exc.

And I'm curious myself - especially if he might do something like that (Either deliberately, and just not realizing what he is doing), why dose your son have Administrator rights in the first place?